Need Help Buying A Road Bike...

BONGO

I know next to nothing about thee things.

Ok, £200 - £250, a little more if it's really needed and the benefits are worth it.

to fit a 6ft person

I don't know what other info to give. I don't know what are good and bad makes, or where to look, besides the obvious halfords. Any help, ideally plenty of links in the replies would be really appreciated!!!

Thanks boyo's, i can always count on TF for help!!

Bongus

Are you after a big bike? like a 600 or a 1000?

Or a little pedda?

Liam

i think bonghole is referring to a road bicycle, just check ebay, make sure its got a large frame, good components etc. shimano, mavic, look, bianchi, reynolds, just bash in various things and see what you find (Y)

A fair few years back, the father gotthis from my auntie (she worked at lotus) when they came back from le tour de france, frame cost £100 :P Rides like a beast, needs a little more carbon goodness though as i ride it now :D

Are you after a big bike? like a 600 or a 1000?

Or a little pedda?

Liam

I'm pretty sure Bongo's asking about road bikes as in ones with pedals...

Beaten to it!

If you cast an eye over eBay there are often some nice bits of kit going for surprisingly small amounts of money on there.

Edited by dirtbiker

ebay - get a specialized langster or a fuji track.

fixies are fun

just what i was gonna say, i just bought a new one, buy now pay later, for £330 cause i needed a wee one but been looking on ebay and even cheaper than that, gumtree, seen ones on there for £125! bit dodgier but if you can go view it first, no problems!