10 Pallets Sidehop

mixmaker

If he was on a straight wall, i.e no corner, then he would never have made it, also on and straight off doesnt count

Andrew

OT

Im curious,

Are you constantly slagging off street riding and putting it down because your so hilariousely shite at it yourself?

Or do you just generally feel better trying to give off the impression your a pure comp rider. (looking at previous results your not too good at that either)

OT

Im curious,

Are you constantly slagging off street riding and putting it down because your so hilariousely shite at it yourself?

Or do you just generally feel better trying to give off the impression your a pure comp rider. (looking at previous results your not too good at that either)

Fair comment Gaz, but im only saying that in my opinion it doesnt count if your body is so low that you have to hop back off to aviod falling off. lol, i only wish i could sidehop that high!! I dont dislike street and i dont know what comments i have made that lead you to make that assumption. i just prefer the more flowing oldskool street style, but then i suppose the standard of the static side of street has got so good that you can't help but be amazed.

In reply to the comment about my riding, im not sh*te at street, and i hope to get some filming done soon. But due to problems that have been out of my hands, i have not been able to ride properly since last october, but hopefully (said with fingers crossed), i shall be riding again soon and i hope to get to a lot of comps this year. Its just really frustrating at the moment with everyone around me getting better... Also, what do call a good comp rider? I dont believe my results have been that bad, and i wouldn't say i'm a pure comp rider.

Hope this answers your question

Anyway, im not trying to highjack the thread.

Andrew

+1,

dont take it from the lad, it was bloody huge, but id rather see 9 pallets done properly, or just a vid of him nailing it properly (if he can). I cant see why he got so excited about it, i guess he thought he had made it.

I havnt' watched vid yet, but techincally he sidehopped up 10 pallets if that still is of him stuck, but and this is a big but he wouldnt be able to sidehop that high in inches onto a wall, so easiest way to resolve is that he can sidehop up ten pallets but not a wall 10pallets high.

But kudos to him, fooooooooooooooooking huge.

if i on off it- it means i can get the height but not the balance to hold it so ....now i say on off does count (Y) each to their own i guess

That's not really true. By on / offing something you're not getting enough height to stay on. You see people doing these sidehops and the only reason they can get their wheels on is because their weight is so low and to the side that there's no way they'd ever make it fully onto the wall. It's not just about the balance. If it was simply a balance thing, half the time you'd fall the other way (onto the wall) but you never see anyone doing that. Don't kid yourself.

Also part of a sidehop is going sideways - it's not just about getting the height. Of course that's just my opinion though.