Hope Mod Hub...

NVWOCI WVS

looking good there dude! another great thing you have there is an infinitely adjustable chainline! awesome

Ben

random question bro, how you mounting this? modded qr or tapping threads into the axel?

Edited by Cletus Del Roy Spuckler

I doubt it, because in a MTB, you need to dish the wheel to the drive side, so they should balance each other out pretty much, it might be about 5mm out or so.

nope, a hope xc is pretty symetrical (bigger spacer on non0-drive side) with same sized flanges so you build it pretty much central for 135mm spacing

random question bro, how you mounting this? modded qr or tapping threads into the axel?

I'm thinking of putting a rod in the axel to stiffen it up then tap the inside to M6 or whatever diameter it is to run with bolts. I might juat run it with a qr skewer to start with until i can be arsed.

could you not have lost at least half of the 19mm on the non drive side? all that bit is is axle and spacer/sleeve to turn down on a lathe surely?

and instead of losing a bearing, you could trim the freehub up to the bearing, die the freehub and have a lockring that runs on a thread on the outer of the body rather than inside?

looking like a cool project sam, hope it works out :)

i thought about doing it the easy way...but my original idea was to use a hope xc as opposed to a mono to create a decent casette hub with a disc mount for use on a mod (inspired by JT's topic) I guess i can always change the hub shell to a hope xc version at a later date, and in theory (because the non drive side spacing is unchanged) it should have perfect disc alignment!

below is a picture of it today, just got to neaten the end of the freehub body up on the lathe now and take aprox another 1mm off (roughly cut currently), then get the thread cut on the inside of the frrhub body for the lock ring.

The spacer edd potts made from bronze i remade from aluminium...i think it's going too wear quickly but its all i could find!

post-13468-1201994584_thumb.jpg

That's not a good reason. You bump topics that are sometimes nearly 2 years old. you really should stop.

well 1.me bumping a year and a half old topic found out the arivall date of the new 24uk mk2 frame (Y)

2.was only 1 really old topic that i bumped

3.the topic i bumped caused a lot of interest

BUT I APPOLEGISE TO ANYONE THAT I MAY HAVE ANOYED

Well I've noticed you keep bumping old topics. There has been an estimated release date for ages, as far as I know Steve didn't give an exact date. But yeah, I'd just keep an eye on the original dates of posts you find, it's pretty annoying finding really old posts bumped for no reason.

BUMP IS IT FINISHED YET
BECAUSE ALL PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT! AND WOULDNT YOU LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS HUB WORKS!
BUT I APPOLEGISE TO ANYONE THAT I MAY HAVE ANOYED

Does your 'Caps Lock' button not work?

That hub looks mint! Hope should actually make a 20" version!

So thats why that base 24 topic was back up again, couldnt be arsed to read and find out why. Well I wanted to know the release date of the 24uk soooo I Pmd steve....

Anywho I belive we should stop this as its not what the topics about. Doubt sam will be testing this anytime soon though after seeing the pics of his ankle in the other topic...

That hub should be mint. Id love one in a pro2 :-

Also, i saw that lad say hope should actually make one, which i agree with 100%. Thats why i gave hope a ring, and had a nice lengthy chat with one of the very helpful guys that works there! He says he has had a couple of people say the same to him, but he still thinks there isnt a bit enough market for 116mm spacing hope freehubs. They make the pro2 trials as it is only a small veriation from the standard pro2 that is mainly used for xc and freeride. However a 116mm spaced hub would only really have the market for bmx and a few trials bikes.

Oh yeah, i work in a bike shop, thats why i was on the phone to hope, i didnt just randomly ring them :giggle:

Sorry to hi-jack the thread a bit!

Owen

Nice little project I love reading things like this.

I'll tell you what really annoys me though people moaning about topics being bumped they are the same people that moan about people starting new topics when there's a topic already there. You can't win. Leave it to the mods to deal with please lads. The constant crying about silly little things just causes arguments.

That hub should be mint. Id love one in a pro2 :-

Also, i saw that lad say hope should actually make one, which i agree with 100%. Thats why i gave hope a ring, and had a nice lengthy chat with one of the very helpful guys that works there! He says he has had a couple of people say the same to him, but he still thinks there isnt a bit enough market for 116mm spacing hope freehubs. They make the pro2 trials as it is only a small veriation from the standard pro2 that is mainly used for xc and freeride. However a 116mm spaced hub would only really have the market for bmx and a few trials bikes.

Oh yeah, i work in a bike shop, thats why i was on the phone to hope, i didnt just randomly ring them :giggle:

Sorry to hi-jack the thread a bit!

Owen

start a petition...show hope how big the potential market is for a decent mod freehub with a disc mount!

..and If someone supplies me with a pro2 i'll modify it for them to fit a mod!

Nice little project I love reading things like this.

I'll tell you what really annoys me though people moaning about topics being bumped they are the same people that moan about people starting new topics when there's a topic already there. You can't win. Leave it to the mods to deal with please lads. The constant crying about silly little things just causes arguments.

well said (Y)