GoogleUpdaterService.exe

DefWatch.exe

PCsuit.exe

msmsgs.exe

jusched.exe

realsched.exe

GoogleDesktop.exe

SDTrayApp.exe

They are some of the ones that can go. best thing to do is to type each of the processes into google that arent a SYSTEM task and see what it says. it tells you what program needs it etc.

Edited by Si-man

untitled-3.jpg

As a comparison, there is mine when nothing is running at all...

On the startup, if you expand the 1st list to the right it will tell you exactly what it is if you use your noggin abit. I have about 3 things on startup aswell.

24 if you minus the task manager window being open lol.

Edited by Si-man

I dont know if your running vista but it has a lot of standard processes, more than xp did so 60 or so is not uncommon. I have about 63 I think but no slowdown.

Might have some nice spyware or something though.

I got 42 on vista. Had 29 on xp.

If people don't install crap then it won't get like that, family computers are hard to keep crap-free though as everyone thinks they're program is essential and only try it once or twice, leaving the computer to get gradually slower.

you can safely kill off the max2008raysat thingy, it won't hurt to prevent the service starting automatically either

i'd be a bit nervous of that FAT9ICE.EXE or whatever it is cos it's in capital letters

otherwise... call that a list of processes? you amateurs don't know the meaning of it-I'm on a 3 year old install of XP and i've never so much as defragged a disk,let alone cleaned it up properly.