Another Classic Ashton Cannondale

Andrew Smith

hehe this pic sorts the old school riders out from the newbs!! that my ill informed friend is a DCD (daves chain device) it was the best thing since sliced bread back in the day (well powerpro cranks)

i had one of those and i agree! they work great stops chain flapping about and improves gearshifting alot

can't believe the Maggie evo mounts could cope with the riding of the pros!

they were always crap when i used them!

Ha ha! I've just this minute finished setting up a rear brake with Evo mounts!! What a nightmare! Once you get them set up, they work well, but they're 10x harder to get right than 4-bolt mounts.

That Cannondale was awesome - just a shame they never produced them for sale. I'd have forked out £500 for one like that, but there was no way I'd ever have coughed up for one of those 'Ashton replica' frames. They were just XC geometry, pretty-much. I think Martyn said somewhere once that the geometry of the first Justice frames was based on the Cannondale, so that probably gives an idea of what that bike was like to ride.

When were the canondales made ? Your 15 and you had one ? Were you riding like at 9 ?

:lol: i had a dcd that my dad bought me (Y) that i put on my barracuda hoodrat i wanted one after i watched the tricks and stunts vid by the 2 martyns and hans rey i always wanted the red cannondale though and i still do!

• 3 weeks later...
hehe this pic sorts the old school riders out from the newbs!! that my ill informed friend is a DCD (daves chain device) it was the best thing since sliced bread back in the day (well powerpro cranks)

Powerpro cranks!!! The pedals fell out of mine!

I used to have dreams about that cannondale when i was younger, ha ha!