Riders In Manchester?

Berrybike

First off, Hello!

Its my first post on here despite mooching round the forum for hints, tips and advice over the last couple of weeks.

Ive got to hand it to all the contributers that there is wealth of quality info out there, so cheers for all your time in writing on here!

Primaraly im writing to see if there are any people who ride in trials in Manchester, having been out ofthe scene for about 6 years now, ive decided its time to get back involved.

I used to ride the Pace RC250 trials bike in silver, the chris akrigg one.....untill the rubbish thing snapped!

I have just got a new bike and now its time to start again, not getting usd to the lack of saddle but i sure am getting it all back!

I appreciate alot has changed over the last 6 years, so im looking for some local manc riders to show me whats what in the new world of trials.

Look foreward to hearing from anyone!

Alex

How do Alex. I am a Manchester rider(well Atherton is my town) and if you ride into Manc city center there must be 1001 objects to choose from. I too had a Pace trials bike. Nifty little bike but about a mile to short for me. What bike are you riding now?

Trust me dude, Manchester city center isn't rough at all. Well, not during the day. plenty spots to ride and plenty happy clapping from on looking shoppers. Tis good.

Hmm, if there is about 5/6 other people we'll go.

We're both nancy boys from the countryside. :lol:

Nice to see there are Mancs out there!

Im living in Northenden at the moment, just past withington. I used to ride street in manchester a while back, and i remember it being very good.

I work in town, so would be well up for some after work evening rides.

Buxton is not too far from me either, ive done a fair bit of climbing down your end, the Peak district limestone and grit rocks!

Id be totally up for a sesh some time, just been out riding for half an hour here in northenden and already got my bike perved on by scallies dressd in black nike caps! And i cant pedal that fast enough to outrun them using a 16t chainring haha!

Safety in numbers i say, although city centre is fine!

If you have MSN messenger, feel free to add me, its"berrybike@hotmail.com"

Oh and since you asked, i have a Zoo Pitbull. I collected it today from Dan the Man at Trials UK in Cheltnham! That man rocks! Its thouroughly pimped up....pictures to follow.

I did have a Giant team frame which i was going to build up, but when i went to trials uk today, the 46mm Viz rim on CK didnt fit, so i ended up buying a new frame forks and crancks. Im quite skint now!

Alex

Come to Bridport-Westbay and Portland near Weymouth good places to ride if you like natural. There is also some good street as well.

It would be cheaper for me to fly to spain than drive 253miles down there!

Likewise if you like natural come up north!

Nah man. I went to school in Buxton and there was a good few hard nuts there lol. Seriously though it isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Not that many though. :lol:

Nice to see there are Mancs out there!

Im living in Northenden at the moment, just past withington. I used to ride street in manchester a while back, and i remember it being very good.

I work in town, so would be well up for some after work evening rides.

Buxton is not too far from me either, ive done a fair bit of climbing down your end, the Peak district limestone and grit rocks!

Id be totally up for a sesh some time, just been out riding for half an hour here in northenden and already got my bike perved on by scallies dressd in black nike caps! And i cant pedal that fast enough to outrun them using a 16t chainring haha!

Safety in numbers i say, although city centre is fine!

If you have MSN messenger, feel free to add me, its"berrybike@hotmail.com"

Oh and since you asked, i have a Zoo Pitbull. I collected it today from Dan the Man at Trials UK in Cheltnham! That man rocks! Its thouroughly pimped up....pictures to follow.

I did have a Giant team frame which i was going to build up, but when i went to trials uk today, the 46mm Viz rim on CK didnt fit, so i ended up buying a new frame forks and crancks. Im quite skint now!

Alex

Let's get a ride on the go in Manc sometime, I'll try and remember to talk to my mate soon.

el_muelio@hotmail.co.uk

Im from burnley which int to far form manc, ive been man before and its not all that impressive really, alot of treking about to spots and way to many people about that get in way. Its not ruff there, but i cant see a big ride going down well as its just to busy at spots and theres not enough to do at the spots for alot of people.

having been out ofthe scene for about 6 years now, ive decided its time to get back involved.

Good lad (Y)

We're just south of Preston so its not far away at all. I've ridden Manchester a couple of times in summer evenings after work, would be good to have another look round. Gav (gathsano), you ridden there much?

Ads