My New 26" Czar Long - Updated 26/2

shovel

recently cracked my Toxisn 1 frame at the bottom of the downtube where it joins the BB, it lasted me well and was a beast of a bike!

Mr Travis kindly gave me an awesome deal on his old Czar frame though to get me going again and i've got to say it's a beast to ride, running the front end super low but it feels awesome, bigger gaps/sidehops and taps are getting there too and only rode it a week!

only change from old bike is the lower front end/single speed instead of gears. i work at a bike shop part time so weighed it with our scales and comes in at 24.4 pounds, nice and light ;)

quick spec B)

czar long frame

echo urbans (magura mounts cut off)

chris king headset

chris king hubs

chris king 19T alu singlespeed sprocket

chris king alu cassette lockring

rear magura with coust pads

front 180mm mono trials

echo 07' rims

middleburns with 22t hardcote ring

sram chain

bonty race lite stem 100x7deg

zoo bars

limited out 105 mech with b tension spring removed

high roller/cinder tyres

and pics!

czar6.jpg

czar1.jpg

czar2.jpg

czar3.jpg

Edited by shovel

wery nice bike and light tooo, i like your hubs (Y) but 19 t in the back, isnt that to much, i used to run 17 and 18

No, because hes not running an 18t front sprocket.

Looks REALLY nice.

Mint.

Edit: Christ, just looked again - i think somebodys got a bit of a thing for chris king

Edited by Quackers!!

• 2 weeks later...

few little updates....

rear tyre was knackered! the wire in the sidewall decided to come away on the inside giving me punctures and making the bike feel odd on the back wheel :S no high rollers in stock at work so went for a front Minion and was out last night for a bit and feels super grippy!!

was also able to get another link out of the chain so took off my lizzard skin as there's no chain slap anymore

oh and since i'm such a tart i took some more pics after cleaning it today :giggle:

trials1.jpg

trials3.jpg

trials4.jpg

trials2.jpg

Looks good needs spacers under stem though, would ride nicer.

no it wouldn't, rides great with the low front end, had a shot on bens czar and the front end is about 2" higher and it just didn't feel as good :mellow:

also i would need a high rise stem, not spacers as the steerer tube has been cut to suit the spacer etc at the moment....

no it wouldn't, rides great with the low front end, had a shot on bens czar and the front end is about 2" higher and it just didn't feel as good :mellow:

also i would need a high rise stem, not spacers as the steerer tube has been cut to suit the spacer etc at the moment....

it will be because youve got ust to your set up now over time. But in theorey with the bb rise you should have stuck a few spacers underneath to stop the front end feeling to low.