How Old Is Trials?

Chandler

I think its really amazing to wach old school trials, the style have changed alot, and there really were no trials bikes, you just took what you had and rode it, and i think most of us could do these sections quite easily, The hight that trials has come to now is amazing. One thing more to say though, i hope it never get super popular, because i love how unknown trials is, it makes me somwhat unique. :)

Edit: for the ot pi vid, you gotta love the front fork and the raised seat lol, iv never seen a bike like that, guess its one of the first 20" trials bike?

Edited by Matt_Thibeau

I think its really amazing to wach old school trials, the style have changed alot, and there really were no trials bikes, you just took what you had and rode it, and i think most of us could do these sections quite easily, The hight that trials has come to now is amazing. One thing more to say though, i hope it never get super popular, because i love how unknown trials is, it makes me somwhat unique. :)

Edit: for the ot pi vid, you gotta love the front fork and the raised seat lol, iv never seen a bike like that, guess its one of the first 20" trials bike?

That Ot pi stuff is legendary! Would be good to see some 80s footage.

As for these days its bound to become commonplace really.

Is it anything special now? Hmm sounds like a new topic to me :mellow:

oh my god ! .. trials goes back a very long way .. and them old school bike :o .. how did they even ride .. there good to say what there riding !

Lloyd B)

Bit big?

Trials is very old, but can anyone find an older vid than that 1991 one I found? :P

• 1 month later...

A few weeks ago I gave away a 1988 Haro response which was one of the first production trials bikes.

Believe it or not Michelin and Pirelli made trials specific tires back then.

In about 1986 Ibis was making a 24" rear with a 26" front wheeled trials bike. Before that I believe it was mostly just modified bmx bikes.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/cwb...0stuff/Haro.gif

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/1987_Ibis_Trials_Comp.htm