Necopads.co.uk

Krisboats

Ah wicked, finally released to the public.

Site looks pretty simple and about as easy as it gets to navigate around. I don't think the Menu Font and the Scanned in image does the main banner any justice.

Looking at your source, it say's the Menu font should be showing up as 'Algerian' font. This one? I just get the default Times New Roman.

Ah wicked, finally released to the public.

Site looks pretty simple and about as easy as it gets to navigate around. I don't think the Menu Font and the Scanned in image does the main banner any justice.

Looking at your source, it say's the Menu font should be showing up as 'Algerian' font. This one? I just get the default Times New Roman.

Yes, it should indeed be showing up as algerian... might have to make the menu links picture buttons then. Cheers mate.

nice site mate, pads look good. arent you gonna hit some copyright problems using the "Neco" brand? i recall a brand calledd neco that do bbs and the like.

Hopefully not, i did look for a brand called NECO but all i could find was another site about cougars, with that in mind NECOpads should be pretty different and not infringing on anything. Its a latin word anyway, not a made up name, so thats like saying i can't use the term "airpads" or something.

ahh if you changed it to necro pads you wouldn't have a worry :P

Ha ha, little bit morbid :P

Er, if 'airpads' was a company, no you couldn't. :lol: Much like if i tried to use 'virginpads', i imagine that Virgin might have something to say about it. ;) Obvioulsy air is quite widely used, but it's in what context and what intent you intend to use the name for.

Hell, in the uk there was already a company called gmail, so when google tried to launch it's email account over here they couldn't, hence why all uk google account's are now @googlemail.co.uk. So even big companies don't get away with it.

You can't use a non windows default font on a website. Well you can, but it involves some major ball ache. Use Arial or Tahoma, Times New Roman on a website is a majorly bad idea, plus the font looks shit. :P

Er, if 'airpads' was a company, no you couldn't. :lol: Much like if i tried to use 'virginpads', i imagine that Virgin might have something to say about it. ;) Obvioulsy air is quite widely used, but it's in what context and what intent you intend to use the name for.

Hell, in the uk there was already a company called gmail, so when google tried to launch it's email account over here they couldn't, hence why all uk google account's are now @googlemail.co.uk. So even big companies don't get away with it.

You can't use a non windows default font on a website. Well you can, but it involves some major ball ache. Use Arial or Tahoma, Times New Roman on a website is a majorly bad idea, plus the font looks shit. :P

Cheers si, was hoping you'd post, although that seems pretty mild compared to how i remember you always used to comment. Will bear it all into consideration mate, and will be making the few changes tonight hopefully. I've had an offer for the site to be done by a friend who's pretty nifty at it himself though... so it may change again in the near future.

Ahh looks good may well buy some when my 3rd hand rock pads are fully dead haha may i ask who your NECO pads riders are going to be? or are you undesided yet? Site looks good. :)

We've got a few people in mind at the minute, but nothings been finalised as of yet. We're gonna sit down and have a chat about it tomorrow.

Unfortunately we can't give everyone tester pads or "sponsorship", so at the minute emails and messages are having to be declined. I'm sorry if the answer isn't instant, theres been a few emails sent to various places and i'm just catching up with them all.

I like the site Kris, it's simple, easy to use and isn't cluttered with poo.

On the subject of sponsors we do have one or two people in mind, but we will approach them. Like any sponsor's we are looking for a good level of riding, (doesn't have to be Damonesque) and a postive attitued. Obviously Kris and myself will be riders for these aswell.

Keep an eye on it over the next few weeks, the range should be expanding.

Ha ha, no WAY am i going to be a rider on the site :lol:, i suck. I'll put on the odd picture every now and again but you won't catch me on there as a rider.

I shall be riding for Necopads. Kris And Boumsong confrunted me about it and i have agreed. I shall post reviews on the pads once i recieve them. Also my new video will be made using these pads so keep your eyes peeled.

Danny.

Yeah Danny congrats so we will be seeing more videos from you? Wooo :) look forward to seeing how these pads turn out be good to see somthing differnt for a change.

Natural is for fags with piss light bikes who don't like heights.

looking for a good level of riding, (doesn't have to be Damonesque) and a postive attitued.

I shall be riding for Necopads.

I couldn't resist :P

Site looks good (Y) not that keen on the font though

Edited by jebend

so what are the USP's for these pads then?

As boumsong said, the performance has been great with them and they don't need as harsh a grind as other pads of similar performance, they work on a light grind all the way up until its practically smooth with next to no loss of performance, which means rim life is lengthened. The actual material itself is cut by hand meaning the only difference is they might not be as aesthetically pleasing as other moulded pads, but the cost of the moulding doesn't go into the price of production meaning we can sell them for cheaper, which is something we wanted to aim for from the start.... we know that paying ÂŁ18 for brake pads never seems to go down well and with a large proportion of the market being 13-17 year olds ÂŁ18 is a lot of money to gather for just a set of brake pads.