Mod Or Stock?

IF your just starting trials then a 20 defenately because it will be so much easier to learn stuff with it being lighter and all that, but having said that ive been riding my zoo for a year and got on a levelboss dual disc today and loved it, i couldnt stay off the thing its so different if i had it my way and had enough money i would have both :)

i started to ride a 20" onza t-bird then went to 26" and although 20" is so much more flickable i find 26" so much easyer

i started to ride a 20" onza t-bird then went to 26" and although 20" is so much more flickable i find 26" so much easyer

I think its more down to age of the rider and also size, most older riders that i see are on 26" bikes, i am not saying all, And most 20" riders tend to be younger as its down to size and its more easy to start on the smaller bike.

AshB

I would say... Mod. There’s 8 of us round my area and all but one rides stock... well he don’t even ride that much now :(.

I ride 26" but i am quite short for a 13 yr old so i am saving up for a 20" or 24"

so my answer is i prefer 26"

DAN

What mod frame are you looking to buy?

Edited by Smoby

I started out on a 12.5" kids bike, fully steel and everything. That got me started real well until the spokes got loose and punctured the rim tape and tires. DARN 16 SPOKE WHEELS!!! the bike had pushed forward bars and was rather comfortable. My reason for using it as a trials bike was because my mate broke the seat rail clamp which gave me the idea to cut the seat post tube down to top tube height.

I plan to move up a size, all the way to 16" with a whopping 28 spokes. wheels will be replaced with light weight (and stronger) aluminium rims. small rims = stiffer wheel. I'll also use high flanged hubs.

I can't beleive i'm actually reading another one of these polls, you don't even need to use the searh, there is so many of them, theres almost always one on the 1st page of topics.

And if you just think for a minuite, why would one be "better" than the other?

if you wanna know which people ride, then ask "what size bike do you ride?" not "Which is better?"

• 3 weeks later...