What Do You Hate About Trials?

Chandler

The lack of imagination a lot of people have.

The attitude a lot of riders have.

The sound of people's brakes.

People riding in places they shouldn't.

Repeatedly going to bash in front of people who obviously really aren't happy about you being there.

The apparently "Witty" replies to security guards asking you to move on that some people like to give out.

How shit they are for getting around on.

London group rides that go from Shell to St.Pauls, always from the same place, at the same time, along the same route, riding the same stuff, stopping at the same places. So much more to offer...

The lack of respect for people who are good at riding natural, but not necessarily good at riding comps.

The faux Northern accent people always use on TF.

The way it feels a lot of the time like there's not really a lot of totally new moves to learn, it's just a case of applying what you can do to bigger stuff.

About the one things I hate about trials are nothing to do with the riding itself.

Mainly : Kids/Teenagers, or a certain type, who ask you "oi, iz that a trials byk?" or... "ye mush, i can do that on me BMX innit!"

and

People on trials forums who are complete utter bums. Some because they can't ride, know they can't ride, you prove them wrong on subjects, and they suddenly say you can't ride. and People who say my bikes are s**t. I never said they were fantastic ;)lol.

Bleeding my brake. I hate it.

I love my cable brakes... :turned:

I hate spending ages cleaning my front disc up, then go out riding thinking it's awesome, then having my mate come along with a 203mm Avid Juicy 5 on his T-Pro. - Immense stopping power. :(

I hate it when it rains, because none of my back brakes have ever worked in the wet, even with grinds.

Also hate it when my brake goes quiet, really lowers my confidence for stuff, but in contrast, I like it when my brake is loud, but when people tell me I should oil it, or 'take it back' or whatever.

Errrm...can't really think of any more?

The price of the bikes I am still saving for my first bike

About the one things I hate about trials are nothing to do with the riding itself.

Mainly : Kids/Teenagers, or a certain type, who ask you "oi, iz that a trials byk?" or... "ye mush, i can do that on me BMX innit!"

and

People on trials forums who are complete utter bums. Some because they can't ride, know they can't ride, you prove them wrong on subjects, and they suddenly say you can't ride. and People who say my bikes are s**t. I never said they were fantastic ;)lol.

I am still waiting for my first bike but when I get it I am going to practise constantly and I know its going to be hard but I have the rest of my life to learn

One more thing I hate the fact that it will take ages to learn

I hate it that when i wanna ride well, and my mind is not up to par on that day. That i can't summon up the mental ability to ride that line, that certain section.

Hate it that i can't jump high enough everytime.

I hate it when i'm not riding, and that i have to work....

I hate the price of ze bikes....bloody expensive....so damn..lol.

I hate Fear most of all.

Yet BikeTrial pushes me to face it, and stand up again when i fall.

I hate it when you have done a gap's or sidehop's before, you go try it again another day and you cant do it, really make me angry.

Chav's asking how did you pay for your bike.

Trying to do a line and people walk past extremely slow.

Riding around town on a saturday and people always shouting "where's your seat".

oakland

security which think because they have have a bald head and a walky talky they are hard and look for a brawl. (even though id spank thier hiney)

rain

parts breaking and not having any dosh to replace it!

jean chewing freewheels

hurting in places!

doing a move and not being able to do it again when you try to show someone!

In my country, some "gangsters" (they always seem to have poor fashion sense and wanna act tough-guy) will always shout over:

"Ooi! Show us some moves! 180s, 360s!"

If I did some moves, they'll applaud like some mad freak, making me look stupid. If I didn't do anything, they'll continue jeering.

That's because I was riding street (not street-trials) previously then rode a mod for a while. I was the only rider at my neighbourhood then, so I'm always picked on.

Edited by spaceman

when u let somebody have a quick go on your bike so you can rest for 5 mins or something then they try something theyve never done before and brake your bike e.g pop your hose or just crash it . that realy agravates me oh and also when people shout to me do some stunts when theres nothing but a curb.

caz

Edited by monty caz

In my country, some "gangsters" (they always seem to have poor fashion sense and wanna act tough-guy) will always shout over:

"Ooi! Show us some moves! 180s, 360s!"

If I did some moves, they'll applaud like some mad freak, making me look stupid. If I didn't do anything, they'll continue jeering.

That's because I was riding street (not street-trials) previously then rode a mod for a while. I was the only rider at my neighbourhood then, so I'm always picked on.

Oh dear, its moved abroad.... Its the same here man really pisses me off sometimes...