Tar On My Rear Wheel

stunt man t

when i got into trials, and got my bike,

i heard that a lot of riders put tar on there rims..

so i bought some tar and applied it to my rim.

but when i put it on, my brakes stick tooooo much

and it becomes dangerous instead of good,

my brake stays on when i dont want it to,

thing is ive got s!#t loads

Tar.jpg

and dont no what to do with it!!!

everyone ive met whilst riding uses tar and they dont have this problem,

can anybody shine some lite on this problem

i use onza lemon and lime pads (one lemon/one lime) on my rear rim

and a lightish grind,

if that helps

Apply it lightly, then problem solved, make sure there are no lumps on the rim just a blacking tint.

If you plan to ride wet it may make sense to get a deeper grind and some different pads.

If you want to get rid of some I could always send you some stamps and my adress :) Always comes in handy if the brake won't perform properly.

Phil

Apply it lightly, then problem solved, make sure there are no lumps on the rim just a blacking tint.

If you plan to ride wet it may make sense to get a deeper grind and some different pads.

If you want to get rid of some I could always send you some stamps and my adress :) Always comes in handy if the brake won't perform properly.

Phil

Count me in too.

i allways take it to rides,

due to the fact i tryed selling it and no one would pay for it,

so i give it out for free,

if u send me stamps and par for postage ill send it u,

no probs (Y)

Send me some :). Yeah, your using wayy to much tar. Just out of intrest, does your rim in that pic have tar on?

yes the rims got tar on

just out of interest, how much did that tar cost, and where did you get it from,

i reckon theres enough to split between all the riders on here, and last everyone like 10 years or more, i've got a chunk aobut the size of a mobile phone, and i've used it for like 3 years, and i haven't even noticed it getting any smaller.

just a tip, if your using tar and a ground rim, try using some harder pads, i used koxxbloxx browns on my old tared ground rim and it was ace (Y)

just out of interest, how much did that tar cost, and where did you get it from,

i reckon theres enough to split between all the riders on here, and last everyone like 10 years or more, i've got a chunk aobut the size of a mobile phone, and i've used it for like 3 years, and i haven't even noticed it getting any smaller.

just a tip, if your using tar and a ground rim, try using some harder pads, i used koxxbloxx browns on my old tared ground rim and it was ace (Y)

it cost about 27 quid from B&Q,

had to roll it home as it was way too heavy, lol,

tuck me ages!

cheers for the tip mate ill try that!

i allways bring some with me to rides now,

so if u ride notts ill give u some

Edited by stunt man t

Use harder pads with tar, sounds a bit like you're using soft pads? Not sure what the onzas are like.

Get some white spirit to get the tar you have on there off, and try again... for £27 you could probably have bought a half decent angle grinder and ground your own rims though!

Use harder pads with tar, sounds a bit like you're using soft pads? Not sure what the onzas are like.

Get some white spirit to get the tar you have on there off, and try again... for £27 you could probably have bought a half decent angle grinder and ground your own rims though!

ive got an angle grinder,

and ive ground the rim.

but most people i no use both