New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

Smoby

hi im jack i started trials about 7 mounths ago i am quite good lol !! wubut latley anyway hope to see u in a ride someday ..... jack ...... xx

Hi im Paul

I ride an old pashely 26MHz frame (old school lol) been riding for about 8 years on and prob more off lately. Just started riding again before xmas with my mate Ben Newman. We've got loads of new enthusiasm for riding and saw the info about London street ride and wanted to let you no we're coming. looks like it will be ace!!!!!!! To be on the same ride as Ashton and all the other pros would be a amazing!

hi im goin to the london ride on march 13th is that the one your going to ? hope to see you there and i thing all the tartybikes riders are going like joe baxter, etc

Didn't i tell yo u to F*ck off out of my topics!

Its not your topic. Slut

Its a topic that got made sticky for new members to introduce them selves >_<.

I only asked weather the onza RIP was just the equivalent to the t-vee. <_< (trying to be nice and make convo)

Edited by Onza t-vee rider jack :)

Its not your topic. Slut

Its a topic that got made sticky for new members to introduce them selves >_<.

I only asked weather the onza RIP was just the equivalent to the t-vee. <_< (trying to be nice and make convo)

Topic Starter: Smoby

I see you're annoyance doesn't just confine itself to the members areas...

Hi my names Pathfinder and I live / work in East Anglia. I am a Paramedic and have given extensive cover to outdoor events such as trials meets / motor racing and Concerts. The reason for joining this forum was in response to a thread asking about Uvula Problems, as I have personal experience of what happens when it is ignored or not recognised early enough.

I awoke at 0530 feeling like I was chocking or being strangled.. not a dream but for real.

In under 1/2 hour I was in the resus room at the local A+E being treated for ? obstructed airway, cause unknown. The staff treated me with a bombardment of IV (intra-venous)medications and stabilised my condition very quickly. I then spent 24 hours in the ENT (ears/ nose / throat ) department. Regardless of cause, the uvula had become enlarged and was effectively blocking the space in the mouth usually occupied by food / drink or air.

This can be a life threatening condition (as I found out to my own distress). Any swelling in the airway is a dangerous occurrence and should recieve emergency medical attention as soon as possible.

Uvula swelling can originate from a host of sources .... dehydration, excess uncontrolled snoring, excess alcohol abuse, reaction to food allergens, insect bites or medications. So in the absence of definitive diagnosis, if you find your airway compromised, or tongue swollen, or a sensation of "something" stuck at the back of the mouth,(which cannot be coughed clear) seek medical help immediately.

Its not your topic. Slut

Its a topic that got made sticky for new members to introduce them selves >_< .

Yeah, and changing your name will not effect the face that you will be posting in my topics.

Don't call me a slut, if i have any more trouble with you, i will be using to report button.

I made this topic, and they made it sticky. Why not put it into the small questions thread.

Soo, F*ck off out of my topics!

Evening,

My name is Richard. Started riding trials around 1995, learnt the basics with no other riders to practice with, so it took a while!! Got some inspiration from the up-and coming riders at that time, think most of you will know who they were. Not many vids out at that time and no forums etc so all piccy's to study in mbuk!! Was only Essex Trials Club and British Champs then, after going to Bike 97 and chatting to few riders I got some courage up and attended my first comp in 1997, British Champs at Hook Woods. Went straight in on blue section and very much in the deep end (was also raining heavy..lol). Bike at the time was a Specialized Hardrock, 17" frame, 3 middle rings bolted together with teeth grinded off!! lol, some may remember this basic mod... very effective but you always had to carry an adjustable spanner to bend it back...

I stopped riding comps about 3 years ago now, I was still enjoying the riding but the atmosphere had changed, sounds silly but it became almost too competetive, I know that doesn't sound right but the days appeared to have gone where it was a bunch of guys meeting up on a rainy sunday in the woods for a muddy pedal and a good laugh. Not having been to any recently I'm sure things may have changed, but I don't feel I'd have time to get the right amount of practice in.

I've lost count of how many bikes I've been through or how many comps I've ridden. Most recent bikes have been a Giant Trials Team (had for around 7 years or so No. 313), a 2004 221Ti (still running sweet as) and most recent, a purchase a couple of months ago was an Echo Pure 26. Being an old school rider I'm finding it quite difficult to get used to new style of riding and all the products out at the moment that I wanted to buy for the Pure. So some help was needed from a couple of friends, kinda lost touch really.. lol

I'm 27 now, married with a child and soon to be dad of two. I work full time for the local council as a Building Inspector so riding has become more of a hobby. I still ride 2 or 3 times a week but not always on the trials bikes, sometimes bmx, 24, xc or whatever I feel like at the time. (I have 6 different bikes so can pick and choose.. lol)I love riding full stop, so to me it doesn't matter what I'm riding. So as long as I've got a smile on my face and I've got good company, I'll keep going 'till my body says stop.

Anyway, enough rambling on, hope to enjoy my time on here and hi to all.

Rich

im an new member on the forum.

i dont onw a trials bike yet but me and my mate are going to start looking for one and start learning how to ride.we bought mountain bikes last year to do some downhilling and some jumping but not to many places round here for that so decided trials would be the way forward,plenty of places round here for this.im 23 and from nottingham and my name is rich.

cheers

Hi,

I joined this forum to sell my Honda TLR 200 - don't do a lot of trials riding, only general pottering about the farm so don't know how I can contribute. Ok so if this is allowed could you activate me to post in the for sale forum? Link here to another post so you can see that i'm a real human trying to get rid of a real bike.....

Click Here

Any help appreciated!

Cheers.

Hiya, im Jade, im 17, i live in Lancaster and i have just started trials riding and i love it. However at the moment i cant ride my bike because it needs a new rear wheel and there is something wrong with my back brake :( im gutted, but i should be getting it fixed within the next few days :) thank god. I also do mountain biking (mostly xc) but i also love bike parks with jumps and lots of north shore :D

I also enjoy sport especially football and i am in my second year of a sports course at college.

:D

Hi there fellow bike trialers. I'm Sax and have been riding trials for longer than most of you have been alive! Not done any trials for a few years now but want to get back in the game, just need a bike....! Previously had a Brisa B26 (in yellow of course), Monty 221 x-lite, Monty 219 Ot Pi signature frame (1993 and yes I bought it new so totally giving away my old age). I also rode motorcycle trials as a kid and had a Yamaha TY80, Fantic 80, Fantic 247 and a GasGas 250.

Hi guys my names Tom im 20! I probably started riding trials when i was about 15ish. I've basically been travelling for about the last 2 years and before i left the country i made a massive school boy error in selling my steed to add to my travelling funds! Meaning that i am now bikeless and far too jealous of my mates who are all out getting back into riding again! I'm looking to pick up a nice long stock build on the forum within the next couple of weeks, sooooooooo excited about riding again!!!!!!

Hey, im Josh and im 19

In the past iv ridden almost everything in the past, used to race downhill, bit of Lycra clad XC!

ridden dirt for around a year now

Been riding trials for around 10months after Ben Moore started working with me and through him met Rich Pearson.

iv been pretty Hooked on hopping about ever since!

i live and ride around taunton and the local area, but try as often as possible to make trips to the south coast and bristol.

well thats me

cheers josh

Hey my names Ross Clayton I am 17 years old, and have been riding bike trials for just over 3 years.

Some of you may know me for saying foolish things on this forum, back when i was a full member, but now I am ready for a fresh start.

I like riding both types of trials riding but currently I am really enjoying naturel, I find it much more creative and find so much more to do.

I ride A Onza Blade double disc bike and hope to be doing lost of compotitions this year, and meeting new people.

Thanks Ross. :)

Edited by Mclovin

Hey, i am Yoric and i am 16 years old. I have been riding trials for 3,5 years now.

I ride a monty kamel 2009 because i broke the 2008 and received a frame in garanty.

I am going to ride the european championship of the BIU with my friend Pierre-charles and

i hope to make a lot of new friends on this forum.

Yoric

Hey all, I'm Jamie.. im 14 and live in Scotland, haven't been riding long, since about August 2008 but I ride mototrials pretty much all the time. I have a 2006 Sherco 125 and my trusty steed, a monty 230 urban, however, this isnt to my liking so shall be getting myself a 24" Ciguena in the next few weeks! :$

Joined here to gain some vital knowledge and hopefully thats what I'll get, I have taken a quick browse through the topics not only here in new members chat but in the "more literate" parts of the forum and you all seem quite helpful guys... Now, wheres that post button?

Regards,

Jamie

Edited by Ciguena_dreamer