Gettin A New Bike

DTT - Echo Team

righty-o guys,

i havent ridden in a good year and half. and im gunna get back into it.

a bike that has caught my interest is the 'Ozony's Cannibal'. i used to ride a revell 26", and got on with it really well, prob the best bike ive had. just wondering how im gunna go with the longer wheelbase. i mainly rode street but i wouldnt say i had a streety style.

i wanted to get some feedback, from guys who are riding one, or have ridden one. how does it feel?

also suggestions on setup with frame / forks / bar / stem would be good.

cheers, ross

Edited by DTT - Echo Team

righty-o guys,

a bike that has caught my interest is the 'Ozony's Cannibal'. i used to ride a revell 26", and got on with it really well, prob the best bike ive had. just wondering how im gunna go with the longer wheelbase. i mainly rode street but i wouldnt say i had a streety style.

i wanted to get some feedback, from guys who are riding one, or have ridden one. how does it feel?

cheers, ross

Hey Ross

So you're from Portsmouth? There are a few of us Uni guys to ride with if you'd like. But back to your original Q.....

The Ozony would be a good choice, if i understand your situation correctly. The Revells were a lot shorter, but this newer breed of bikes feel just as good on the back wheel, if not better due to the BB rise. You will not be able to bunnyhop as easily, but taps and front gaps should feel easier. Also on natural the Ozony should be very nice indeed!

Specifically the Ozony frame....i think its a great choice, not too long, light, strong.....I've ridden Adam Bessell's before and it felt really very flicky and great on the back wheel, i'd highly recommend one. I'm sure you will not have a problem with the wheelbase!

Set up wise; Forks - Echo lites, Stem - high rise (ish), Bar - (I see most people riding these bikes with flat bars, but i'd say the old Zoos or montys, as you do street), Rear hub - Pro II. I'm sure you will recieve lots of different opinions, so good luck with it!

Neil

Hey Ross

So you're from Portsmouth? There are a few of us Uni guys to ride with if you'd like. But back to your original Q.....

The Ozony would be a good choice, if i understand your situation correctly. The Revells were a lot shorter, but this newer breed of bikes feel just as good on the back wheel, if not better due to the BB rise. You will not be able to bunnyhop as easily, but taps and front gaps should feel easier. Also on natural the Ozony should be very nice indeed!

Specifically the Ozony frame....i think its a great choice, not too long, light, strong.....I've ridden Adam Bessell's before and it felt really very flicky and great on the back wheel, i'd highly recommend one. I'm sure you will not have a problem with the wheelbase!

Set up wise; Forks - Echo lites, Stem - high rise (ish), Bar - (I see most people riding these bikes with flat bars, but i'd say the old Zoos or montys, as you do street), Rear hub - Pro II. I'm sure you will recieve lots of different opinions, so good luck with it!

Neil

thanks for that neil. I think it will be a good choice for me!

yeh i am from portsmouth but i live in australia now...... haha

i do miss it, portsmouth is a pretty good place to ride.

anyone else got some feedback?

I have one, past frames include an Adamant, Pitbull and in my eyes is the best frame ive had by far. The geo is spot bollock and is amazingly stiff and strong for how light it is. As for your set up, i personally use 07 Urbans, x1 5mm spacer, 130mmx15 degree Echo stem, and ZOO risers this feels perfect to me anyway. Hope this helps cheers.

f**king hell ross, been a while mate, get back to pompey, i bet youve been baked black with all that sun down there haha

ozonys are lush mate, and your a big enough guy to chuck it about, pretty strong, light, rides very well. enjoy (get the black one (Y))

righty-o guys,

cheers, ross

Excellent frames!, Echo urban, Zoo 2006 bars and try-all stem 130 x 20. An the rear built in booster feels solid on the lever.

Edited by Koxx_Nath.C

yo ross

if your free over easter mate.. come on up to sunny coast and you can ride mine for as long as u like, we can even change bar/stem etc so it feels good for you. Il be unable to ride due to stitches in my leg. Its stil the only one in Australia so its bout the only way u can find out how it rides for yourself. But im sure youll hear nothing but good feedback about them.

Talk to you on msn soon.

danny...

righty-o guys,

cheers, ross

hey mate

theres a ride monday in pompey if you want to come along 11am at the guildhall add me on msn im not on right now but will be tomz night

cheers

..rob..