Mods On Pavements?

FrancisJ

Right. Hello.

I have been reading this topic that I found on the search.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ng%20on%20paths

What I want to know is: Is this true? And wheres my 'offical' proof.

I want to print something off so I can stick it in the policman's face when I get pulled up for riding on the path.

I've heard its about the size of the seat tube. If so... I'm getting a '08 GU!!

And I've heard its the size of the wheels?

... and i've heard its about the fact we have one gear?

Can somebody please clear this up for me. I am really wanting to ride without worrying about police every second of the day.

FORGOT TO ADD: The other day. We were spotted by a pcso, we jumped off straight away.

He said how old are you guys.

We replied.

He called 2 people that came in this unmarked transit van.

They got out to deal with us.

I sat on the bench filming them getting their tickets.

A adult about 30 rode past on his bike. Ive got it in shot.

The police call him over.

The bloke on the bike just rides off.

I tell him to run after him.

He says 'You run after him'

I said 'I'm not a policeman'

I got a ticket.

Then I was standing with my hands in my pockets.

He said 'Take your hands out of your pockets, I dont know what you've got in there'

I took my hands out of my pockets, and Raised them (like I was being held up by a gun) :D

Then I was told I was childish.

Lol.

Thats my little story over. I'll be posting the video soon.

Thank you, And goodnight.

Charlie

Edited by FrancisJ

No it's not legal. Its now done by age, don't hold me to that though. I've been stopped numerous occasions by the PCSO's, but because there quite nice, they let me off.

Just don't worry about it, I always ride on the path, even my MTB, never get any trouble. If you do get into trouble, just act as if you didn't know.

I think after the last row it was decided that all bikes are not allowed on the pavement. Any size, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, religion or smell.

Haha, the government take the piss, I mean, from a parents perspective, would you really want your little child riding on the road? No.

Haha, the government take the piss, I mean, from a parents perspective, would you really want your little child riding on the road? No.

1. It actually sometimes scares me riding on the road.

2. people are always shouting out the window "get the %$£&£$ out of the $£^"^ing road!!!"

3. People are always honking their horns for no reason.

They always give it that their doing their jobs.

But No. They dont HAVE to give anybody fines.

They are their to support the community. Most of which is kids/teenagers.

They are not their for us to hate.

They are their to 'protect' us.

I just hate it when people are just so obsessed with power. AND THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ANY!

Edited by FrancisJ

1. It actually sometimes scares me riding on the road.

2. people are always shouting out the window "get the %$£&£$ out of the $£^"^ing road!!!"

3. People are always honking their horns for no reason.

They always give it that their doing their jobs.

But No. They dont HAVE to give anybody fines.

They are their to support the community. Most of which is kids/teenagers.

They are not their for us to hate.

They are their to 'protect' us.

I just hate it when people are just so obsessed with power. AND THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ANY!

exactly

there picking people up for riding on pavments wehen im scared of going hom when its dark becuase of my bike getin nicked in the area i live in

i jhate this country

from what i have heard it does not matter about age at all it is to do with the wheel size that you are using, don't hold me to this but i think that anything over 24'' wheels must be used on the road not the pavement but under 24'' and your fine

If I ever get stopped by the police (not that I have in the last 4-5 years) for riding on the pavement then I simply explain that because you cant physically ride a trials bike more than about 8mph continuous speed then I would be causing a road traffic hazard and its far safer on the path. That said I dont ride like a twat on the path and always give way to pedestrians as its their right of way.

I tend to ride my mountainbike on the road simply because I can keep a sensible road speed up, as a road user myself its more dangerous for an old biddy to be wobbling about on the road than to be on the pavement :)