Todays Charts Music

Rob Brodie

just recently I think most music in the charts has gone down hill.

I've been thinking this for a while but what do you guys think?

surely u can't call that new song by H Two O music?

I think music these days is all based around your fashion (e.g chav, emo, gribley, ect)

People these days don't tend to listen to music that they like. Instead they listen to music that is in there fashion. But why?

Is the music of todays charts based around the bands talent or what their fashions are like on and off the stage.

also do todays music stars set a good example to others?

To some people the next question will make them angry and anoyyed but does todays behavior of kids and adults reflect on what music they listen to? I belive it does. If everyone were to listen to one type of music would there be the whole conflict between chavs and gribleys ECT?

But back to the charts; do you really think poeple listen to songs because of the shear musical talents or because of street credit?

how come it seems to be Chaved songs that are all hitting the top 10 spots and not music from other backgrounds?

What is your opinon?

..rob..

Edited by Rob Brodie

Everyone grows out of chart music though, and when you do, it all sounds rubbish. I remember thinking the same thing 5-10 years ago, I'm sure some of the older members will remember moaning about the state of British music even further back than that. This is nothing new.

(e.g chav, emo, gribley, ect)

What? :blink:

I agree with the chavvy songs..

I friggin hate that "Now you're gone.." song. urghh and it was number 1 on the charts?

The "basshunters" version is terriable. DJ Alex's version is awesome though. I don't really follow the charts, If im listening to local radio station, and i here a song i like, i save it in drafts on phone and download when i get home.

that dj alex no your gone i could tell you i heard it nearly a year before it came out some mates brought it back from magaluf when they went. And i thourght it was really good and everyone said its shit etc but when it come out hear opinions changed and look where it got. I do agree though some people do listen to the music to go with there clothes or style e.d chav.

I use to wear drain pipes and all the what you like to say emo stuff. But i love drum and bass speed garage reggae and old music like buddly holly and i listen to instrumental and jonny cash i live for heavy metal. lol. But i changed my style of dress as usual and i started to whear adidas y3 shoes and jackets top brand jeans i wouldnt say hav i just had expensive nice clothes and some people said i was chav some said im nothing and when some people knew i loved heavy metal they was amazed. So i dont fllow no charts or anything hehe. I love everything.

I dress a little more on the drain pipes with nike high tops and new era hats now again lol i love change

Edited by B.E.A.U

The chart only reflects what is selling well. If that bothers you then you must care about what is in the chart. I haven't looked at the 'chart' for a long time but i love music. I listen to so much different music that the chart is a 'minority group' for me.

The chart means nothing to a music fan. As for fashion, who cares. Categorising people into music groups doesn't help.

Collins’ record sales began to drop with the 1993 release of Both Sides, a largely experimental album which, according to Collins, included songs that "were becoming so personal, so private, I didn't want anyone else's input".

You mean no-one wanted to be involved with that shit? :P

Right up until they stop using you for the live gigs and, due to popular demand, replace you with this dude miming along to your drum-beat?

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

It was all a ploy by Peter i assure you. He'll have the last laugh by forcing me behind those damn drums for the next reunion.

I thought Gabriel didn't do the reunion tour because he didn't want to be in a band "just for fun"?

It's gotta be said, The Lamb went kiiiinda mental, but I suppose it all ended up alright in the end.

According to urban dictionary

Gribley

The word gribely is often a term used by chavs,townies or pikies to decribe someone, who wears anything that could be considered not to be "cool" by chavs etc. Normally girbley is used as an insult towards people who could be classed as skaters etc. Used in the south of England

Chav: Oy, its a f**king gribley lets beat him up and stab him with our 2-inch-knives and then rockport him with out rockport shoes.

"Gribley": I'm not a gribley you poor pikie (and which point he/she starts to run)

More nonsence words made up by the cool kids.

Okay. Here's the basics....

The charts are no longer controlled by the "buyer". The are now controlled by the amount of money a record company puts into distributing CD's. So even if they only sell 100,000 Units, they can still be at the top of the charts. Bearing in mind they should sell a considerable amount more.

I've recently been working closely with a couple of record companies, and I'm sad to say, that's the way it is. Absolute bull crap isn't it!