Front Hyd Disc Set

Chandler

Hope mono M4 180mm, really nice good bite, you can get them quite cheap off ebay.

I'm using one right now best brake ever, ive had it since it came out few years, there's just so much grip i love them.

Oakland

Edited by oakland

All different brands....interesting. Id prob go with the Louise as I wudnt wanna go 2nd hand.

No one has mentioned magura julie, does that mean its pants?

By the way, I assume when you have front hydraulic disc, you can take your wheel straight off via quick release

(its not locked in or anything)?

By the way, I assume when you have front hydraulic disc, you can take your wheel straight off via quick release

(its not locked in or anything)?

Yeah. You don't have to disconnect anything with the disk.

How come you don't want a cable disk? The BB7s are highly popular and work really well.

I dont like the feel of cables. Also threads always break where they are held. Probably loads of other reasons in cable vs hydraulic topics! (and yes, reasons against hydraulic too)

Personally, I tend to pull really hard on levers sometimes. Ive had Quad QMD-6 cable discs before and the cable came out of its tubing. Pain in the backside. Not for me (N)

I dont like the feel of cables. Also threads always break where they are held. Probably loads of other reasons in cable vs hydraulic topics! (and yes, reasons against hydraulic too)

Personally, I tend to pull really hard on levers sometimes. Ive had Quad QMD-6 cable discs before and the cable came out of its tubing. Pain in the backside. Not for me (N)

Fair do's. I'd definetly say Hope Mono Trial then. They have alot of bite and have superior hold to other disk setups i've had ago with. The brake also has braided hosing which might suit you well. Good luck.

Fair do's. I'd definetly say Hope Mono Trial then. They have alot of bite and have superior hold to other disk setups i've had ago with. The brake also has braided hosing which might suit you well. Good luck.

seconded

i got my hope off here for 40quid about 5 months ago, still going nicely, ive only had to replace the pads once aswell :)