Khe Chains

stuie

Not sold on Kools either. Broken them in pretty much every way possible.

But how long do you tend to run them for? I run KMC K810's on both my trials bikes (and used to run a K710 on my BMX) and have never had one snap. However, because I like my teeth the way they are, I always change my chain at least every 6 months, generally every 3-4 months probably. Overkill I know but it's better to be safe than sorry kids ;).

Oh yeah, and I'd never run a KHE because, although in theory stronger than a KMC, the appear to be a bit, well, pants as far as design and function goes.

Rohlof trials chain is light, thin and strong if you make sure to peen the ends of the pin you joined it with (rivot effect)

am only light and have managed to break 2 kool chain in quick succession so moved to the more expensive Rohlof option.

Dave....changing your chain every few months is defo something im going to start doing, nothing worse than a swollen kneecap from your stem bolt lol

Dave....changing your chain every few months is defo something im going to start doing, nothing worse than a swollen kneecap from your stem bolt lol

Haha, that's true... but aren't Rohloff chains like £35? I'd rather pay £6 every few months on a KMC than £35 maybe every 6 months as I'd still want to change it regularly!