The "jt Can't Understand Simple Things" Thread.

JT!

There is a difference, Magners is sharper as said above. It really does taste of apples but Bulmers is smoother, with less of a big POW of taste.

Out of the two, Bulmers is my prefered option but I like both as they are similar.

Proove it. :P

If it's clear and yella, you've got juice there fella.

If it's tangy and brown you're in cider town.

JT have you read the thread at all? Bulmers is not the same as Magners.

The product is made identically for both the Bulmers and Magners names.

That's from the link that froggy posted.

Edited by JT!

From what Tomm posted earlier:

The explosion in popularity of Magners pint-bottled cider in Britain has prompted the Irish company behind the drink to earmark €80m (£55m) for investment in advertising and new production capacity as it plans to double its UK sales for the second consecutive year.

The move comes as Scottish & Newcastle, maker of Strongbow, announced it is to resurrect its Bulmers Original cider brand across Britain to defend its market leading position in the face of rapid gains by C&C, the maker of Magners. The move is particularly provocative as Bulmers Original is the name of C&C's leading Irish cider brand, though there is no connection between the companies.

High-profile, localised launches for Magners in Scotland and London have helped transform the image of cider in recent years. C&C's chief executive Maurice Pratt said it offered UK drinkers something new. "It's served from a pint bottle, over ice, rather than draught, as many UK ciders are. It is Irish; it is made with a higher percentage of fresh apple juice. And we emphasise the rural, the agricultural element."

C&C's UK cider sale volumes jumped 130% for the year to February 28, beating analysts' expectations. The company plans to spend €50m doubling production capacity at its Clonmel plant in Tipperary. It will spend a further €30m on advertising in the UK this year as it launches in more than 20 cities.

Magners was launched in 1999 as C&C's overseas version of its Bulmers brand. The Bulmers name outside Ireland belongs to Scottish & Newcastle after it acquired the UK market-leading Herefordshire cider maker HP Bulmer three years ago.

S&N will relaunch Bulmers Original this month. The brand was first sold in Britain in 1982 but was ditched except in Northern Ireland. The drink will be sold in a pint bottle with a label strikingly similar to those of C&C's Magners and Bulmers brands. In a press release, S&N said: "Bulmers Original will be positioned as a product best served over ice and aimed to attract an eclectic mix of new drinkers - both male and female - who value a heritage-based product."

Sorry Tomm missed the edit.

There's kind of conflicting statements, on the one froggy posted it clearly stated they're 'made identically'.

The product is made identically for both the Bulmers and Magners names.
Edited by JT!

C&C's Magners and Bulmers (<- the Irish one) are identical.

S&N's Bulmers (<- The UK one) isn't the same as Magners, hence them tasting different as anyone with the capacity to taste things could tell you ;)

Unfortunately, this means you'll have to try and find something new to bore people down the pub with.

So what's the difference between the bulmers we have here and the bulmers they have in ireland visually?

Edited by JT!

What?

I'd imagine the main difference was that if you ordered a pint of S&N's Bulmers here in the UK, you'd be able to see it. If you ordered a pint of C&C's Bulmers here in the UK you wouldn't?

C&C's Magners and Bulmers (<- the Irish one) are identical.

What's the difference between C&C's Magners and C&C's Bulmers? As in how the packaging looks etc.

Ok, i understand all that now.

But i still think it contains the same stuff. Any differences would be the same reason oj tates different from different batches of oranges, or something like that. Either way no one's going to go into a bar wanting a magners and be dissapointed becuase they only have bulmers.

You can "think" all you want, you're still wrong. They have different ingredients, hence them tasting different.

That's like saying that chips taste the same as boiled potatoes, 'cos afterall, they're both based from potato. In the same way that coke is different to pepsi, despite them both being carbonated vegetable extract based beverages, there's a difference between Bulmers and Magners. I don't like Bulmers, and although I'm not particularly into Magners, I'll drink it, and have done. If the pub I went to only served Bulmers, I wouldn't have one. There is a difference.

Mark, i've been on this forum a long time you should know how stuborn i am.

So you would seriously say you like magners, but don't like bulmers?

I would actually prefer being repeatedly, brutally gang raped by several large men than have to answer another f**king question that I have previously answered earlier in this thread.

I would actually prefer being repeatedly, brutally gang raped by several large men than have to answer another f**king question that I have previously answered earlier in this thread.

Being raped by men is fun, I try and get raped as often as possible because I like it very much so.

Edited by Onzaboymark
Because it's the fucking truth.