20" Wheel On A 26" Wheel Frame? Possible?

Sabiot

I was thinking about something today. I can see how you couldnt add a 26" wheel to a mod bike... but what about 20" wheel on to a stock bike? Would it work? Would it suck? The reason I was thinking it might be neat to try is you'd still have the slightly bigger bike, and with the forks meant for the larger bike you might even get some extra raise from the stem and handlebars. Anyone have thoughts on this?

No, I'm not gunna go out and buy this. I honestly don't think it would work, or at least not well... lets chat about it though, I wanna hear your thoughts

You'd basically then be riding a mod with longer chainstays (making it less responsive), a lower BB height (making it even less responsive), and a slacker head tube angle than normal for a mod (making it even less responsive)? I can't really see it being beneficial...

You'd basically then be riding a mod with longer chainstays (making it less responsive), a lower BB height (making it even less responsive), and a slacker head tube angle than normal for a mod (making it even less responsive)? I can't really see it being beneficial...

Yeah that makes sense. I definately want to buy a mod as my next bike. Convincing the ol' lady that I want to buy another bike when less than a year ago I bought this Rocky Mountain for like $1200 Canadian is the another thing. Ha. More replies please! I'm just interested to see what people have to say about this not so innovative idea.

Yeah you could totally do it, ud have to do dual disc though for obvious reasons.

It might be like kinda kool but i cant see getting anything from it other then looking like a huge homo.

It might spin or bunny a lil nicer or somin but other then that nada!!

Trying to remember the forum member :- , whom done that with and 07 Adamant A1 modstock short. i remember that homemade machined disc mount he had made to run a rear disc brake.

it wasn't a modstock he just had perfect chain tension without a tensioner

Inur did it!

The problems mark outlined would be quite major :P

bingo (Y)

it would be so easy to do if the bike had a disc mounts on the hub and the frame because all you would need to do then is change the rims and spokes

anyway heres inurs >> http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....c=94517&hl=

Edited by ANDY-MBK-RIDER

With regard to Inur's, he used a mod hub on a standard stock frame if i remember correctly, so had to make up some shizz for the wheel to fit the dropouts (Y)

Orge, i'm pretty sure they'd clear the floor :P

Matt

Just had a look on Tarty, and yeah, the shortest rear end on there for a stock frame was 375mm, which is the same length as the felt-like-shit Python Longs from ages ago. The stock I found with that also only had +20mm BB rise, so you'd be f**ked if that was a mod. Most frames have a longer back end than that (380-385), with similar-ish BBs, so yeah, it'd feel so rancid. Stocks all have longer reach by about a fair way too, so yeah, no good...