Things Gone From Good To Bad?

Synergy

things going the way they used to?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. hhave things changed for the worst?

• tf user : yes
    • tf user : no
    • admin : yes
    • admin : no

it's more of a physics thing than somthing to be taken literally.

So they themselves are admitting to being stubborn, even though they know they're wrong? :P

Yes, i know! But what i'm getting at is i should have the right to say whatever i want in a public forum providing that it doesn't break the rules.

You do. You said your piece repeatedly. I'd probably go so far as to say almost endlessly. It certainly felt it at the time. You'll notice the one post I edited contained something along the lines of "But can you be sure?" or something equally ridiculous, which wasn't a statement of your opinion, it was yet again you just being annoying as f**k.

Yes, i know! But what i'm getting at is i should have the right to say whatever i want in a public forum providing that it doesn't break the rules.

Yes, agreed. But yesterday that topic had just disintegrated into a conversation between you (stubbornly refusing to accept facts) and Mark (repeadly stating the facts). Perhaps Mark should have just left the topic and gone away, but he closed it instead. The topic was over, the question had been answered - leaving it open didn't affect anything but your right to argue the unarguable. I really don't know why this is a big deal.

So they themselves are admitting to being stubborn, even though they know they're wrong? :P

No. They all know the earth isn't flat, but they argue it's flat just out of general interest.

Fair enough i genuinly thought that they were the same thing right up intill the topic got closed, but is that reason for the topic to be closed when members who weren't intersted in the topic anymore could have just not clicked on that link and let the people who wanted to discuss it without being an arse?

I really don't know why this is a big deal.

Well didn't start think topic, so there's someone else who feels the same as me.

But yesterday that topic had just disintegrated into a conversation between you (stubbornly refusing to accept facts) and Mark (repeadly stating the facts). Perhaps Mark should have just left the topic and gone away, but he closed it instead. The topic was over, the question had been answered - leaving it open didn't affect anything but your right to argue the unarguable.

No. They all know the earth isn't flat, but they argue it's flat just out of general interest.

Fair enough i genuinly thought that they were the same thing right up intill the topic got closed, but is that reason for the topic to be closed when members who weren't intersted in the topic anymore could have just not clicked on that link and let the people who wanted to discuss it without being an arse?

If you "genuinely thought that they were the same thing right up until the topic got closed", I'd be bloody worried. If you "genuinely" thought that they weren't the same things, you pretty successfully managed to post in the manner of someone who'd conceded that they were different, but were just being antagonistic.

You called me an arse in that last post. Time to make repeated posts about how you deserve to be giving a warning, etc.

Blah.

Well get biting those fingernails.

It was more of an "If I were you, I'd be worried" post. If you're about as receptive to facts as Amy Winehouse is to being straight edge, that's not really anything that concerns me.

Youtube Video -> Original Video

Mark you mug

In specific relation to the notions of power trips, I'd just like to point out that editing one post and one topic title, and editing the status of a topic from "Open" to "Closed" wasn't quite the power trip that you'd imagine. I could have:

• Removed JT's posting rights.
  • Suspended JT.
  • Devalidated JT.
  • Set it so all of JT's posts had to be approved by a moderator prior to being posted publically on the forum.
  • Removed JT's avatar, just so he'd have to go through and put it back in again.
  • Removed JT's signature, just so he'd have to go through and put it back in again.
  • Removed JT's personal info, just so he'd have to go through and put it back in again.
Bearing in mind I could've done that at any point throughout this thread, or the previous thread, where JT had been annoying me, I'd say that editing one post and topic title and closing a thread was pretty lenient.

Indeed.

But i'd call that 'asrey' behavior. Literally and metaphoricaly.

You can call it as 'asrey' as you want.

As I have said before, I first brought up the fascinating concept of gay rape in a post about myself, stating that rather than have to type "Magners is different to Bulmers", I'd rather be raped by men. At the time, it felt like a fitting summary, because that was pretty close to how I felt.

What point, and how? All I'm suggesting is that everyone seems to saying that I'm viciously taking out my anger on people in every thread imaginable, whereas actually, I'm not. If I edited and f**ked about everyone who annoyed me on here, it'd be a pretty different place, and I'd imagine I'd have my position as mod removed pretty quickly.

From my experience in many situations, sorting it out over MSN does f**k all, as people still insist on bringing things up on TF anyway. I thought I'd rather let people have their say, and see what the mods were saying in public as well, rather than having to go through this individually with different people. As Tom said, these posts inevitably crop up every 6-12 months, so it's a case of just dealing with it at the time, then moving on.

Boasting about what you 'could have done' just prooves my point even further.

But still, genuinely curious.

Oh, and lastly, regarding MSN - JT's opening message to me was "You make me laugh you do", which at the time led me to believe that, as I suspected, he was specifically trying to be a dick in that thread. I couldn't really be bothered having to go through the inevitable 50,000 repeated questions and answers on MSN at that time, and happily talked to Dr.Nick for a few hours.