Broke My Shoulder To Day :( :( :(

czarbikes

unlucky, when i dislocated my shoulder i was meant to stay away from the bike for 6 weeks

couldn't resist, so rode the pain away and now its just totally f**ked, pops out well easy, don't know what your case is, but if i was you i'd rest it properly, look in the long run!

hope you get better soon

steve

Shoulders are annoying. The one thing I will say is that I kept dislocating my shoulder (riding trials and doing other stuff) and I carried on, the problems just got worse and worse. In the end I had to have an operation which meant I wasn't allowed to ride for six months (although I decided I could cut that down to four months). So yeah, a little bit of time now to let the shoulder get better will be worth it in the long run.

You didn't actually say what you'd done - collar bone?

Shoulders are annoying. The one thing I will say is that I kept dislocating my shoulder (riding trials and doing other stuff) and I carried on, the problems just got worse and worse. In the end I had to have an operation which meant I wasn't allowed to ride for six months (although I decided I could cut that down to four months). So yeah, a little bit of time now to let the shoulder get better will be worth it in the long run.

You didn't actually say what you'd done - collar bone?

don't mean to steal the topic but... WHAT? you had an operation on the shoulder because of it never healing properly in the joint? because that seems to be the case with me, its been out the socket twice now and it has wobbled every now and then when i've been riding... :unsure:

i need to know more about this, as it doesn't sound too good and i don't fancy it.

steve

don't mean to steal the topic but... WHAT? you had an operation on the shoulder because of it never healing properly in the joint? because that seems to be the case with me, its been out the socket twice now and it has wobbled every now and then when i've been riding... :unsure:

i need to know more about this, as it doesn't sound too good and i don't fancy it.

steve

Yes, but I dislocated my shoulder seven times in the space of about two months, and it was getting to the point where I couldn't ride my bike, climb or even swim (!) without dislocating it. It turns out (I had an MRI scan) that I had a Bankart lesion, and it would never get better on its own. So I had an operation on it to fix the Bankart lesion. It's much better now, haven't had any problems with it since (about three years). The other shoulder is still a bit dodgy though - not as bad as the left one was at all. My shoulders have always been really weird though.

If you want any more advice, I can probably shed some light or whatever. But don't assume that your shoulders will be like mine - I was born with really bendy shoulder joints :P

yes i have broke my collar bone :[ :(

Bummer, right at the start of summer. Still, it'll be six weeks or so, then you'll be fine again. Much better to break a bone properly than to tear all the ligaments and have six months off. Silver linings and all that.

unlucky

For those saying you can get a profile/chris kingdisc hub well yeah you can but both of the wont be right for the frame and will mean to run a disk you will have to turn the disc tabs down on the hub so the disc will line up properly. And freehweels dont suck seeing as some of the best riders in the world use them. And a king can skip a half turn easily which would just be the same as a freehweel going bust, and my profile wasnt to impressive as the bearings disintergrated and the racket ring striped its threads, which if happened in a move would leave you with no drive giving the same affect.

sorry to hear that jamie, it must suck not being able to ride your bike for ages

i no i can't what to get back on my bike :( but not for about 4 months :(

Gutted man. Bet that hurt! How long you out for? Im coming back in a few days and was hoping to ride with everyone again!!

yes it did and i won't be back on my bike for about 4 months :( but i will still be out film so see you soon

Does that mean you cant hold a camera?

no i can still hold a camera :)

unlucky

For those saying you can get a profile/chris kingdisc hub well yeah you can but both of the wont be right for the frame and will mean to run a disk you will have to turn the disc tabs down on the hub so the disc will line up properly. And freehweels dont suck seeing as some of the best riders in the world use them. And a king can skip a half turn easily which would just be the same as a freehweel going bust, and my profile wasnt to impressive as the bearings disintergrated and the racket ring striped its threads, which if happened in a move would leave you with no drive giving the same affect.

i was thinking of getting a disc chris king but it's a bit to much money on a hub so i will proble go for a eno or a new try all or a monty freewheel but i have a bit to decide

Edited by czarbikes

Yo dude at least u snapped the shoulder rockin it with trials.

I broke my collar bone playing soccer last year. Now in the UK i wudda been a hero as "football" the the big sport, but in Canada im seen as a huge fag.

Soccer kicks ass though,

and so does trials,

and any injury involving the shoulder blows serious chunks because you cannot sleep for about 3 weeks without waking up every 2 minutes in horrible agony so....

Sorry dude, that sucks huge huge monster balls man.

what the f**ks soccer?