Car Insurance Renewal Quotes

Phatmike

Hey guys,

Got my insurance renewal quote in the post. (£90 more than last year (N)), and obviously am gonna look to get this down a fair bit!

Can only think of Churchill who guarantee to beat quotes, anyone got any good insurers who will too? :)

Mike.

i had the same mike, was 370tpft last year 496 this, shopped around; privelage were 230 quid fully comp, plus if you go through quidco you can get £70 cashback. bargain methinks! oh and til the end of the month they are offering interest free payments over the year (Y)

Edited by craigjames

Had my renewal through from Direct Line for my 1.0ltr Corsa... £215 f/c. Approx £55 down from last year! Although I recon I could get that down a little as well. Direct Line is quite good, you get a 10% discount if one or more of your family is insured with them or if you have your house insurance with them. Dont bother with comparison sites as you will be bombarded with phone calls for two weeks with them all trying to offer you quotes, yes its nice of them, but its just f**king annoying to say the least!

Got a quote for insuring a Clio Williams as well... £333.90 f/c. :D

So yes, I'd recommend Direct Line Mike!

Edited by Jonny Jones

My gf had a Citroen AX 0.995 litre last year and was paying about £300 3rd party F/T with 2 yrs no claims.

This yr its a Renault 19 1.4i 3rd party F/T with 3 yrs no claims, + me with provisional (price stays the same when I get full licence) = £386

That's with Swinton both times. For the Renault everyone was quoting her alone £480 ish for some reason me being added on to her insurance has helped bring it down, more than if she was on her own.

Originally we did search on go compare and my motor quote kept coming up cheapest, but in the end Swinton came up top.

just out of curiousity, how much is everyone paying for insurance?? and for what vehicle?

1997 Renault Scenic 1.6e Rt - £300ish fully comp (protected no claims) and thats a 12 month payed in one go, not a 10 month bonus accelerator or whatever the hell the 10 month job is.

quoted on a pulsar fully comp for £800. Couldn't afford to run one though.

just out of curiousity, how much is everyone paying for insurance?? and for what vehicle?

£1400 f/c on a Mazda RX7 tuned to roughly 350-400bhp all mods declared and covered like for like and an agree'd value of £8000 on the car. I was 24 with 2yrs no claims when I took out the insurance.

I'm with Sky Insurance and the underwriters are Ensign.