Snapped 20" Gu Typoon 08

Well, as the topics say's Ive managed to snap my Gu!

Funny thing is its at the top of the frame where the seat tube would be.

Not entirely sure how, Or when I exactly did it, I just noticed the crack before I went out riding.

Im not perticulary a heavy rider, so I was quite suprised when I noticed it.

Luckly my frame is still within warenty, As I only bought it at the start of the year. So I contaced Trials Uk, who have now contacted Echo and Im waiting on a reply.

The snap looks like a manufacturing problem with the frame, rather then an abusive rider, which I am most certainly not as the frame has been well looked after.Ive attaced some pictures bellow.

DSCF1322.jpg

DSCF1323.jpg

DSCF1324.jpg

DSCF1325.jpg

DSCF1326.jpg

DSCF1328.jpg

So has anyone else mangage to Snap a frame before putting a single dent in it?

Or even snap a gu?

Or just me? >_<

Cheers

Adam.

Can't help but laugh, sorry.

I would of thought it'll be warranty-able. I guess the crack appeared from a serious weak spot then just grew along both of the welds. I do wonder where it started though? You can see where it jumped to the other weld.

Can't help but laugh, sorry.

I would of thought it'll be warranty-able. I guess the crack appeared from a serious weak spot then just grew along both of the welds. I do wonder where it started though? You can see where it jumped to the other weld.

Dont worry thats the first thing I did,

I have absolutly no idea where it started it just appeared one day, but yeh, definatly a week spot in the frame!

Its inbetween the two welds, so there must be so much tention along that area which ultimately ended up in this.

Shit!

That is one big crack :P, hope you get a warranty on it.

If you do, are you still getting a GU?

With the warrently don't you have to get the frame you originaly purchased?

If so thats a complete bum because I bought an Adamant Mod-Stock this morning off tarty, bit fed up with not being able to ride+ I now have the chance to go to stock...

To be honest I wouldn't fault the frame at all, its really nice to ride and quite whippy, apart from the misfortune, based on how it rode before this I would have got another one...

It's Only the fact I wanted to go to stock now, otherwise I would have Stuck with the Gu definatly.

Or can you get your money back off the warranty?

SHIT! I had one of them, luckily I swapped it though :P

sorry to hear that it snapped.

Are you like a fantastic rider? Like major drops etc, or quite a simple rider?

thanks

rob

What did you swap it for?

Im alrite, Bit of an all rounder.

Cheers,

Adam

I'm pretty sure that you can get a different Deng frame under warranty, as long as it is the same price.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Ah, that would have included the adamant then...

Ah well, Il see if I get my money back or sell the new frame...

Cheers,

Adam.

its cause theres no seattube, bring back the 04/05/06 models when deng did everything right !

hope you get it sorted matey :)

its cause theres no seattube, bring back the 04/05/06 models when deng did everything right !

hope you get it sorted matey :)

f**k ME ITS A MOD :|

thats bad, did it feel flexy before it cracked?

the way weight is distributed on that frame aswell, especially with no seat tube. is possibly the defect. i always wondered if these frames were strong...guess we'll have to wait for a few more to snap here before we can create a conclusion. all i can say is unlucky. and yeh it made me laugh :P

My god your spelling :P

According to spell and grammar checker it should have been wrote like this:

The way weight is distributed on that frame as well, especially with no seat tube. Is possibly the defect. I always wondered if these frames were strong...guess we'll have to wait for a few more to snap here before we can create a conclusion. All I can say is unlucky. And yes it made me laugh.

And I thought full members are all really good at English, that why they are validated.

My god your spelling :P

According to spell and grammar checker it should have been wrote like this:

And I thought full members are all really good at English, that why they are validated.

Mate, your not going to get validated if you keep agrevating other members!

soo in other words jsut keep your trap shut

bring back the 04/05/06 models when deng did everything right !

+1

thats bad, did it feel flexy before it cracked?

Not really,It was making a creaky noise though.

It creaked everytime you kicked on the back wheel and lowering to gap mainly. Thats was Proberly to do with the weight distribution while in those positions.

The frame was still rideable though, I had ago while it was like that, there was not difference to before, well, minius the creaking.

It was preety cleanly snapped though, there was no way you could move the frames position up or down, no flex at all. Its almost as if it sat nicer like it did snapped then it did before.

At the moment though I've just given up with it and it's sat in my shed doing nothing, Proberly not worth the risk riding it just incase it cause's more damage.

Its proberly easily fixed though, just get it reweld. Ultimately it could end up stronger then before.

Cheers

Adam.

:lol: :lol:

every thread in new members seems to turn into people abusing 'Callum-luvs-trials'

Sorry, but didn't I get moaned at for incorrect spelling? And many people did say that full members are excellent spellers? I believe that they arn't.

Edit: I'm thinking of reporting "Bearded Midget" for that vaguer comment

Edited by Callum-Luvs-Trials

Sorry, I was under the impression that all full members were A level English teachers.

oh my god can you not just give it a rest!!! Seriously crawl back into your dark hole and chillout for a while!! This is someone else thread and you have ruined it!! :offtopic::rtt:

Anyway sorry to hear that-that has happened dude :( hope it's covered by warranty.

Edit: TYPO

Edited by The Stig