2008 Dengura Lever Fault?

LiamWood!

This evening on Danny Mill's Gu typhoon his dengura leaver blade developed a crack next to one of the holes with factory has added on onto the levers from the older designs. Could this have made these new style leavers weaker, or maybe just a leaver from a dodgy batch? Anybody elses snapped or cracked the new style dengura leaver blades?

Pics:

dsc00447cw4.th.jpg

Liam

erm no actually, these werent avaliable to the public for a long old time before they were released.

anyhow, ive had mine for 7/8months and its fine still

Is yours the 2008 model with the extra hole though?

This is the original design which appears to be fine.

large_elevergreen.jpg

This is the new design with the uber weight saving hole where the green arrow is pointing, this creates 2 massive stress raisers where the red circles are which is funnily enough where its f**ked itself ;)

crap%20design.jpg

In my opinion its a shit design :)

I think its a rubbish design, if they had not drilled the holes but rounded the lever end that would be spot on and this could be avoided (Y).

I wonder what was going through Deng's mind when he designed it. I mean, so many of you can point out the faults, so surely he must have thought of it too right?