The 4x4 Thread

Chandler

went to brf offroad coarse, didnt get too much driving done really but ened up with a lot of work to bedone to the trucks >_<

we went down 1st slope following our mate once we started the coarse and at the bottom we winched some bloke out,then carried on following our mate along the track. he went over a slope leaving us stuck the over side ,so he turned around to winch us out ,whilst doing this he starting smoking well from his exhaust so he turned of his landy,but instead of it stoping it carried on running !

it then shot back picking up its rev's pouring black smoke all over the woodland ,at this stage he jump out as behind him was a lake and a group of trees, and it flew of the side of one tree and squeezed between another ending up parking into the landy i was just in,after a couple of moments of pushing it killed itself.

this happened about 11:15,and it took us till 3:50 to get out of the coarse with the help of 3 landys !

i got some pictures i'll get up when i get the chance ,it might be clearer showing you guys what happened rather than telling you.

great day lol :- ,cheers,steve

a couple of my mates are heavily into their land rovers and over time I've come to like them, looking at getting a defender soon, probably a 90. One of my mates loves his disco's, has a nice td5 thats chipped etc and a work horse with all the offroad extras strapped to it. My other mate is into his defenders, currently just got a 110 td5 and he built a 130 tipper for work!

He built a tom raider replica not so long ago, had a nice v8 in it with barely any muffler so it sounded like a beast and he fitted a range rover auto gearbox so it was great off road.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Erm the spec of my silver b reg:

Shortened range rover chassis (100" wheelbase)

roof is lowered 3 inch

pro comp 'safari' shock absobers giving a 3 inch lift (or so I am told) the rear ones are actually for a land crusier or some shit but they are on that :ermm:

200tdi engine

discovery gearbox

smaller fuel tank re-located in the pickup

obviously the bigger wheels and tyres

external rollcage

full respray 3 years ago

and the compulsary snorkel B)

Exhaust has been re-routed and comes out on the nr/side just behind rear wheel

Im not sure on the axels, either discovery or mk1 range rover, there different though I have been told

I didnt do any of the mods on the landie, the guy who actually built is local to me. Never been serious offroader but I thought it looked BOSS haha. Don't know the advantage of the chassis though.

I see your swimming, and raise you the best £80 i've ever spent:

swimming.jpg

Dooor.jpg

And the inside:

P1020278.jpg

That thing was a beast, paid £80 for it, flared the arches with a winch (didn't work too well) welded the diffs, put the Inca Turbos on and it was an absolute machine for all of 20 minutes. Broke a half shaft, then another one, then snapped the chassis :(

Got £120 for it at weigh in though :P

I <3 Land Rovers.

Series 2?

My best mate bubbles has got an ex bomb disposal 110, he wants 3K for it at the moment. But he's said if I put a years tax on my disco I can have it for the discovery.

It's only got like 30K on the clock, and is ex bomb disposal so it's done no miles. It's soooo solid but the top of the bulkhead is bubbling (N)

It'd got radiators in the back and escape hatches, it comes FULL of survival gear, cookers and ropes, firestarters and shit like that.

2qwont2.jpg

xd8gso.jpg

x5a10.jpg

Haha, forgot to make that a question.

Do I go for it or not?

Edited by Pashley26

My best mate bubbles has got an ex bomb disposal 110, he wants 3K for it at the moment. But he's said if I put a years tax on my disco I can have it for the discovery.

It's only got like 30K on the clock, and is ex bomb disposal so it's done no miles. It's soooo solid but the top of the bulkhead is bubbling (N)

It'd got radiators in the back and escape hatches, it comes FULL of survival gear, cookers and ropes, firestarters and shit like that.

2qwont2.jpg

xd8gso.jpg

x5a10.jpg

Haha, forgot to make that a question.

Do I go for it or not?

Thats deffo worth it, Always had a thing for 90's and 110's. :D