Echo External Or Echo Internal Bb?

Ladd

What bb?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What bb would you run?

• Echo Internal?
    • Echo External?

Rite, just deciding my new bb, been offerd a external bb and a internal, what would you guys go for:

Adamant Mod

Trialtech front screw on sprocket

GU bash

GU cranks

Rear profile

And do i need the little spacers for the echo external bb? the ones that go on the bolts?

Edited by Mike D

go for the external (Y) the internals are shite.

and i wouldnt have thought you'd need a spacer

Ahh ok there the little spacers i mean, on the bolts. in the pic.

www.selectbikes.com for the image.

post-14763-1215817058_thumb.jpg

Externals are good, cant run with an FFW set up but Iv had one thats lasted amazingly well, although I thinkit might be on its way out now. Its a tank, and id imagine its rather strong, the cups support the axel well and you have the larger bearings meaning it will last longer. Id go for the external, unless your a weight weenie.

Can't fault my internal, other than the price perhaps being a touch more than I would have liked. Saying that, it's lasted a fair amount of time so far, so it has proved itself to be worth it :)

I assume the external gives less clearance but larger (ergo better?) bearings?

to be honest... you dont really go big.

if your a smooth rider they are fine, but if you go big and are a basher they will snap pretty soon

I have an echo external and i have to say its a bit sh*t. The axel came slightly bent, sorted that out but now it makes a really annoying sound when ever i pedal. I don't go that big and i have only rode the bike about 20 times with it in! In theory external are much better, but i don't think much of the echo ones.

Edited by E6v6i6l

I have an echo external and i have to say its a bit sh*t. The axel came slightly bent, sorted that out but now it makes a really annoying sound when ever i pedal. I don't go that big and i have only rode the bike about 20 times with it in! In theory external are much better, but i don't think much of the echo ones.

my one is like 2 years old.... im quite a harsh rider....

Get a giga pipe bb it shits all over echo crap.

If not get the internal as its pritty much a generic bb and not designed by deng himself which is bad when comes to moving parts. The internals arnt shit as stan shaw and waddy use one and has for a while. If the external where so good then while have they been discontinued. Personally i wouldnt get either i would get a gigapipe as they will out live you proberly they are tuff buggers.

edit: also if these bbs are 2nd hand, its not worth the hassle unless there near new mate. Save up and get a new one because the bearing will go after a while in a 2nd hand one and the axel is more likely to snap and that can end up in a nastey ankle injury.

Edited by basher

If not get the internal as its pritty much a generic bb and not designed by deng himself which is bad when comes to moving parts. The internals arnt shit as stan shaw and waddy use one and has for a while. If the external where so good then while have they been discontinued. Personally i wouldnt get either i would get a gigapipe as they will out live you proberly they are tuff buggers.

edit: also if these bbs are 2nd hand, its not worth the hassle unless there near new mate. Save up and get a new one because the bearing will go after a while in a 2nd hand one and the axel is more likely to snap and that can end up in a nastey ankle injury.

the internals are wank if you go big. stan and waddy are smooth...

i know someone who wasnt that harsh and snapped 1 in a month and another in 2 months

My gigapipe lasted less than a month

I'm sure it was a dodgy one, but despite numerous calls/emails to them, I had no luck in resolving the matter :(

What a waste of money it turned out to be

I'd put money on most of them being fine, and the contruction is nigh on bombproof, but I was seriously unimpressed