What Is Tgs?

Mr Motivator

The sidehop is probably one of the most original and unique moves we have in trials, you start static (from two wheels or rear wheel) it can be done or varied terrain/inclines, and you land static.

what other kind of bike riding style can boast a move as original as that?

Yet all you ever see in videos is people starting on flat ground, from their rear wheel, going up to a flat wall to both wheels.

I have been riding for almost 6 years, and everyone keeps talking about TGS.

What the hell is that? I feel like I'm missing something here.

sam, i was in the same situation as you, it seems on our 1 year out of the trials scene that trials has evolved into this tgs. i was like wtf when i found this out.

My drunken oppinion:

It's what people that are cool ride like, nothing beats the feeling of beating your personal best at going big. But at the same time, doing just TGS is a bit silly, kinda defeats the purpose of trials IMO.

Note: Anyone that replies to my comment in an unfriendly manner is a raging homosexual.

Love xx.

i agree in an unfriendly manor, does this make me a homosexuual? >_<

What ever happened to the idea that trials has no rules and that all trials is free trials?

Okay I agree with the whole "STOP TGS!" when it comes to videos which are just sidehop after sidehop (such as the Summer video that was just recently posted).

But when it is a combination of those moves used throughout the video, it shows what trials is, and that is clearing or getting up/over an obstacle in whatever manner possible.

As already posted, I find the sidehop of the moves most individual and iconic of trials biking, and for a good reason, its probably one of the most flexible utilities a trials biker has to clear and obstacle, because of the variations that exist and the way how it is done from a static motion.

Edited by Albino Slig

The sidehop is probably one of the most original and unique moves we have in trials, you start static (from two wheels or rear wheel) it can be done or varied terrain/inclines, and you land static.

what other kind of bike riding style can boast a move as original as that?

Original? Unique? :S Are you being serious?

anyone wonder why natural riders are never mocked or insulted?

all the mocking and insults of natural riders has been done, many many times. I think it's been mentioned a few times in this thread that the street vs natural debate was raging for a good couple of years. Just like that, this will get boring and people will find something new to ridicule each other over. Me included. Till then, "TGS Sucks"

It also seems that every kid on here has constant PMS. You guys need to all chill out, seriously.

yeah its quite sad. the majority of TGS style riders tend to be the younger riders, who ride mods and therefore only tend to gap and sidehop. its strange that trials is such an open and expressive sport and people choose to ride it in such a way that only uses 10% of what the sport is about. even more annoying is when some of these riders evidently have a lot of talent but still dont utilise it. shame really.

and rich i take a bow to you sir, owned.

You know if you quote something at least read it to find my point of view on why I think the sidehop is an original move.

Okay so TGS is apparently young kids who can only gap and sidehop?, what about the kids who do nothing but natural? and that is the only style of riding that they actually ride and can't do anything when it comes to street.

How about those apples?

Imo there's nothing to debate i like abit of both nothing bad about ether everyone likes differnt things so why fuss over it? No one is making you do it... Some people like clasic cars some people like sports cars some people like ice cream others don't its the way of life i personaly don't see what all the arguments are about we are all riding arnt we? If you can't stand natral and theres a topic saying natral pics/vid just don't click it? Same as look at my sidehop yesterday i really don't understand people ride with there own style trials really isnt that free if you have to ride how everyone else wants. Just my thoughts but seems a bit silly really people tap gap and side hop at comps and street riders bounce around and get up walls as best they can no differnce what so ever if they prefer a certain tech youd never get given a dab or be penalised because you did to many side hop's in a comp just ride how you want.

Hippy speach over :)

Tap Gap Sidehop

Totally Gagging Sponsorship.

haha exactly.

People don't choose to ride TGS because they enjoy it more, infact i imagine they actually quite like natural and more varied styles of riding.

What's going through their heads is 'well... at the moment i'm rather rubbish, so i'll spend my time repeating sidehop after sidehop, gap after gap until i can do them BIG! so then everybody on trials-forum will think im ace! and i'll get a sponsorship!' however this is not the case...

That was a good point chunky (Y)

Okay so this is how I see it. Im a street rider, and i love TGS but i find that alot yeah alot of the time its always gap gap gap drop drop side sde side..ect..

BUT what i like is when TGS riders put in a few lines and some tech moves. Danny kearns does exacly that, and so does damon watson.

Natrual is cool, i like to ride it evry now and then but i like street with a bit of a mix.

Sorry if i offended anyone im just saying what i think is okay:)

You know if you quote something at least read it to find my point of view on why I think the sidehop is an original move.

Okay so TGS is apparently young kids who can only gap and sidehop?, what about the kids who do nothing but natural? and that is the only style of riding that they actually ride and can't do anything when it comes to street.

How about those apples?

Eeerr, i read the whole thing carefully :S And i'm not sure if anything but the first lines of that were to me because it's pretty irrelavant.

It's hardly unique though is it? I'm sure alot of biking styles can boast a move as unique and original as that. Fact is, trials bikes or not if you want to go up an object sideways you hop and shift sideways. I've done it on my bmx and seen people do it on any sort of bike that can get off the floor.

It's skilful and impressive but i don't think it's in any way unique or original reaaally.

haha exactly.

People don't choose to ride TGS because they enjoy it more, infact i imagine they actually quite like natural and more varied styles of riding.

What's going through their heads is 'well... at the moment i'm rather rubbish, so i'll spend my time repeating sidehop after sidehop, gap after gap until i can do them BIG! so then everybody on trials-forum will think im ace! and i'll get a sponsorship!' however this is not the case...

That is the case :S

dont get what your trying to say? you only get sponsored if you ride different styles :S

My drunken oppinion:

It's what people that are cool ride like, nothing beats the feeling of beating your personal best at going big. But at the same time, doing just TGS is a bit silly, kinda defeats the purpose of trials IMO.

Note: Anyone that replies to my comment in an unfriendly manner is a raging homosexual.

Love xx.

Haha, legendary yet true.