Whats This Thing With People Getting Validated.

G-baby158

Some may be personally known to the admin, or have been validated ages ago and then their posts get deleted over time so they have posted but ended up with 0 posts.

I'll admit I validated one person who is personally known to me after she only made one post, but I'll justify that by explaining that she's a photogropher with a deep interest in trials and something honest to contribute to the forum, but with 0 actual knowledge of trials she would never have been able to make enough decent posts to get validated. The positive flip side to that is that she's unlikely to be a scammer, to flame people for their opinions, or post controversial material. Well, no more than the rest of the forum do....

Not sure who the other dude is, although if people generally get validated they've done something right (I usually validate about one person a month on average, and I think most of the other mods are the same).

Rich

I'll admit I validated one person who is personally known to me after she only made one post, but I'll justify that by explaining that she's a photogropher with a deep interest in trials and something honest to contribute to the forum, but with 0 actual knowledge of trials she would never have been able to make enough decent posts to get validated. The positive flip side to that is that she's unlikely to be a scammer, to flame people for their opinions, or post controversial material. Well, no more than the rest of the forum do....

Not sure who the other dude is, although if people generally get validated they've done something right (I usually validate about one person a month on average, and I think most of the other mods are the same).

Rich

How reactive are mods to full members nominating new members to be validated? I've reported a couple to say that they seem coherant and well behaved, just wondered whether mods take notice of things like that, not that it matters!

Every time I've reported someone for validation, they seem to get it. I think it's more a case of the mods having time to trawl through NMC looking for people worth validating.

Back on topic though, I don't know, I've seen a few in the past aswell.

Why does it matter?

EDIT: Are you jealous because you had to put in lots of effort to get validated and they get it easily? If so, get over it.

those who never had to go through the validation process, UNITE!

Getting validated is not hard at all, just write in english not txttlk, and be nice. It only took me 2 weeks, and I wasn't really trying. My brother got validated in about 2 hours, with no help from me. Whatsoever.

Getting validated is not hard at all, just write in english not txttlk, and be nice. It only took me 2 weeks, and I wasn't really trying. My brother got validated in about 2 hours, with no help from me. Whatsoever.

If he'd had "help" from you, he'd still be NMC :P

Every time someone reports a new member worth validating we do look at it and make an informed judgement as to weather or not the person gets validated. I am actually quite glad that we started asking people to report positve attitudes in NMC for the purpose of validation, as it seems much more people are getting validated now that the majority of the forum is looking through NMC rather than just the ten of us.

Happy days. :)

Rich