Just Finished Building My New Bike

mike425

So I decided to bite the bullet and try out a moderm frame. I've just replaced my Orange zero with this. I haven't really had chance to ride it yet as I am waiting on a heatsink Vee adaptor, will upload some pics as soon as I have found my transfer cable! Ive had to put a rear formula disc brake off my DH bike on, as I am still waiting on the heatsink V-adaptors, does any one know whats going on with them? I ordered the bits weeks ago?

Bionic b1 frame

Protoype Titanium Headset

Echo Hi-Fi forks

Avid bb7 on xtr

Middleburn cranks

XTR rear V

Hadley on Neon rim with 10mm bolt through axle

pbpic2363712.jpg

pbpic2363713.jpg

pbpic2363714.jpg

Can someone recommend me some decent Vee pads that dont squeel too loud?

Cheers

Edited by mike425

So I decided to bite the bullet and try out a moderm frame. I've just replaced my Orange zero with this. I haven't really had chance to ride it yet as I am waiting on a heatsink Vee adaptor, will upload some pics as soon as I have found my transfer cable!

Bionic b1 frame

Echo Hi-Fi forks

Avid bb7 on xtr

Middleburn cranks

XTR rear V

Hadley on Neon rim

Can someone recommend me some decent Vee pads that dont squeel too loud?

Cheers

Humm vee pads, ive heard good reviews about the moe ? This on a smooth rim or grind ? Im using plaz on a smooth, works MINT. Ive also used coust on smooth, pritty quiet and very good again!

1001457ef7.jpg

look anything like mine?:P

vee's are quiet anyway in my experience (on the rear anyways)...except when riding backwards :S

anyway- good pads i've found are heatsink reds (wear fast on a grind though- on a vee), phat pads (last forever), and onza citrus (disappear on a grind, but really pretty damn good on smooth!)

get those pics up, i don't think i've seen another b1 frame on here!

adam

1001457ef7.jpg

vee's are quiet anyway in my experience (on the rear anyways)...except when riding backwards :S

anyway- good pads i've found are heatsink reds (wear fast on a grind though- on a vee), phat pads (last forever), and onza citrus (disappear on a grind, but really pretty damn good on smooth!)

adam

eh :blink: your front vee in norwich was immense

Humm vee pads, ive heard good reviews about the moe ? This on a smooth rim or grind ?
Um, No! They're like the worst pads I've ever used FACT. Would be alright for the front, but rear is a no no.

Im using plaz on a smooth, works MINT.
Also I found this setup to be pretty wank, you need a nice light grind for the CRV's ;). Unless your talking about the Spanish Flys which are pretty beast on a dead grind, or an anodized/painted sidewall - but yet again on a 'normal' smooth rim they lack hold.

I'll recomend you buying some Heatsink CNC'd vee backings and having the choice of any magura pad to fit in (as the CRV backings are a different size to magura pads). But your pads should be mint aslong as you keep the grind sharp-ish.

EDIT: I'd quite like to see some pics of your bike, sounds like a nice spec :)

Edited by cai

Nice bike, nothing special though. You should get some colourmatching pedals (to match with the headset) or something and it would be nicer. :)

Still a nice bike though. :)

Cheeky t**t :lol: What makes you think that I don't have it all colour coded? Anyway, Im running a prototype titanium headset so the colour is just raw Ti.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm guna order a new rear sprocket to get it up and running. My new phone should be here within a couple of days so will get pics up then as my current phone is driving me mad.

To the guy who asked, the hadley is awesome, I've owned this particular hub for years and had it on loads of my dh bikes, they are the only hubs I will use now. I prefer them to the chris king personally.

Cheers

Mike

adam

What handlebars are you running? Ive got a set of sunlines on mine and I think they are bit low, only a 1 inch rise or something, I feel really over the front wheel which I dont like lol. Yours seem to have a nice up sweep to them

Basically, I am a dealer for a company called Zumbi cycles. The owner had some random Ti left lying around, decided to make one of his steel headsets out of Ti to see how it turned out, I liked the idea and ended up with it. Its daft lights, weighs something like 98grams :lol: