V-brake For Rear In 20"

G_!

hi!

last month i tested a v-brake front in trials bike 20", is AWSOME!!!! like brake disc or better!!!

my question is... How would be this brake for rear? better that hidraulic? i need adapters? :P is stupid idea?:P

thanks

Edited by GUILPU

yes but that v brake is not that strong (mean the magura is good because is make from oil and that make it to don`t crash or different stuff) v brake is not make for that strong ride like trial bikes. They need more but yeah I was ride and is really nice is not that much money and don`t have problem with oils pads and more different stuff but the bikes are make for 4 bolt for make you self safe from punch or like that stuff for more help to the frame went you ride that what I think but and v brake are really nice man !!!!

I used to have v breaks on my t-pro there horrible get maggy's they have 10 times the holding power even if the v's have plaz pads ( and if u go with maggy's I recomend koxx bloxx they hold well ) hope I helped !

Edited by jack14366

yes but that v brake is not that strong (mean the magura is good because is make from oil and that make it to don`t crash or different stuff) v brake is not make for that strong ride like trial bikes. They need more but yeah I was ride and is really nice is not that much money and don`t have problem with oils pads and more different stuff but the bikes are make for 4 bolt for make you self safe from punch or like that stuff for more help to the frame went you ride that what I think but and v brake are really nice man !!!!
I was going to refrain from getting rowdy due t expecting you to be foreign with such an appalling grasp of the English language, but if it turns out you're just retarded...

Care to re-write that in a way that people can actually understand?

I used to have v breaks on my t-pro there horrible get maggy's they have 10 times the holding power even if the v's have plaz pads ( and if u go with maggy's I recomend koxx bloxx they hold well ) hope I helped !

You used to have the standard cheap and relatively nasty vee on the t-pro I assume? I also assume you didn't take the time to set it up properly, or to maintain it correctly?

You also don't realise how unbelievably wrong you are about maggies having more hold than a vee - like for like the Magura may offer more bite, but hold is another matter altogether

I've had SD7s and Ultimates if I were to run a V again I'd choose SD7's. They are cheap, strong and hold great. The standard pads that come with SD7's are great on a smooth rim as long as the rim is clean. I'd suggest Plaz or Rock pads on a grind though.

I've had SD7s and Ultimates if I were to run a V again I'd choose SD7's. They are cheap, strong and hold great. The standard pads that come with SD7's are great on a smooth rim as long as the rim is clean. I'd suggest Plaz or Rock pads on a grind though.

Are they the Avid Rim Wrangler pads? Think I ran some BITD. I never really had a problem with V's when I ran them, but then I got a pair of Maguras on a different bike and didn't really have any problems with them either. If you've got a bit of mechanical know-how you should be fine with either, really. There are plenty of ways to set up a brake so it feels good and works well, so just do whatever, really.