Long Shot... But Just Maybe

Boswell

I found some really cheap freestyle skis which I want to buy but the only trouble is I don't know what size to get. I am about 6.2" and the average weight for my height (can't be asked to weigh myself). The skis I want are only available in 171 so that better be right! :giggle:

I found some really cheap freestyle skis which I want to buy but the only trouble is I don't know what size to get. I am about 6.2" and the average weight for my height (can't be asked to weigh myself). The skis I want are only available in 171 so that better be right! :giggle:

but your not 6ft 2? haha i have no idea but if you like i have a burton snow bord i can sell you on the cheap for around that height ;)

but your not 6ft 2? haha i have no idea but if you like i have a burton snow bord i can sell you on the cheap for around that height ;)

You have not seen me for like 2 years! Even though i'm 17 I still seem to be growing a fair bit! :S Please could you post up some pictures of the snowboard?

right dude. if you've had expierience in skiing then surely you will know what you prefer skiing with.... i mean im 6 foot and the skiis that should be right for me are 170. is what shops will tell you....... but after skiing a few times I prefer using 160's as there easier to turn etc. and easier for doing tricks when airbourne due to the shorter length.... so just use your prior expierience to decide whether there the right size. :)

I went to austria last year and they gave me some skis which were a tad too long for what I'm used to, (I went with my old school), just pissing about at a snowpark I tried a small 360, ski caught the slope and I snapped my leg.

l_a68cccea5d1140ab01a3d6349ba11965.jpg

Although I may be smiling in here, I was so so so gutted, proper angry at myself for being a spoon. (I'm the one in the cast)

I went to austria last year and they gave me some skis which were a tad too long for what I'm used to, (I went with my old school), just pissing about at a snowpark I tried a small 360, ski caught the slope and I snapped my leg.

l_a68cccea5d1140ab01a3d6349ba11965.jpg

Although I may be smiling in here, I was so so so gutted, proper angry at myself for being a spoon. (I'm the one in the cast)

that girl in the black 2nd from left... is her name lauren by any chance??

nahh, you just make sure you have PLENTY of speed and lots of disregard for skiers haha, or try an be really cool and like walk the board while clipped in!!

the button lifts arent that bad, if all else fails you just grab on with youre hands

i have done both and prefer the gliding flowingness of snowboarding, but yet skis are more practicle but wouldn't go back......