Why Are Magura's So Crap?

J Trials 31

Paul: that's true, but if someone can't set up Maguras well enough to make them work then I'm not sure they have the skills to make some adaptors...

Spastics should learn then, its hardly rocket science! If they cant do it themselves then ask another rider for help, sorted.

By that i mean setting up of course, i know not everybody has access to the correct tools to make adaptors themselves.

As long as you work on it every 5 minutes :P

Ermm... no!

I seriously have to turn that lttle knob (to get the right lever feel) about once every week - not every 5 minites. Then about every month I set up my pads again, and pull the cable through a little bit. I just loves my vee :) they're so reliable.

My BB7 on the other hand, I'm always adjusting that every couple of minites - turning the outside knob, because I think the cable is stretching? Doesn't happen with my vee though :huh:

Ermm... no!

I seriously have to turn that lttle knob (to get the right lever feel) about once every week - not every 5 minites. Then about every month I set up my pads again, and pull the cable through a little bit. I just loves my vee :) they're so reliable.

your always playing and fiddeling.... :S

Quality Productsâ„¢. I love how you can spend a load of money on bits for bikes, and you'll usually need to bodge them with some cheap little bits 'n' bobs.

OR, do things properly. Strip the caliper and apply the correct threadlock to the adjuster thread. There's always a proper way to fix things, just most trials riders are either too poor or ill equipped to do so :turned:

for a while i wasnt too impressed with my maggie on the rear. But then again it was close to two years since my last bleed :huh: so i tried the water bleed in a bath, it was soo easy even my girlfriend could do it (which she did at one point :P) set up the brake, took some time in aligning the pads, and wow what a brake, now i remember why i love it so much.

Basically take some time to adjust it and give it a proper bleed, and you will love it again!