Dual Disc Or Rear Maggy ?

Bujie

I was a bit funny about the lack of sound, but the amazing performance of a rear disc makes up for it. Then after 10 mins you get used to a silent bike, and then after 20 mins you enjoy not hearing SWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEERRRRK every time you brake.

i like doubel disk but i got a magura bit more comon and disk you can bend them

:huh:

Anyways, to elaborate on my earlier post;

I like it mainly for the reason JT! pointed out. Everything seems (and feels) smoother even when it goes savagely tits-up 'cos there's just no brake noise :P

Awesome modulation for manuals, loads of power - but not quite as much a s a maggy on a stock, which in turn teaches you how to ride smoother 'cos you don't have a brake that'll save you from being lazy.

I like.

Put an adjustable spanner over it and keep tweaking it until its true, you can get them almost perfect when you get used to doing it.

Clean the spanner first though, or put some kitchen roll over the rotor first, or you could contaminate the rotor.

i've tried all sorts of way it does bend back, but not completly

i find the best way to straighten rotors is with an adjustable spanner. you won't get it dead straight but you can get it straight enough so it still works well.

EDIT: beat me too it muel :)

Edited by mikee999

That is the biggest load of bollocks ive ever heard.

Care to provide some reasoning? IMO silent brakes are pretty much a necessity for riding. I find noisy brakes annoying, which means I'm not so relaxed and ride worse.

As for sharper, I can't comment on that because I've never tried an HS33.

For mod then I would go DD, quiet brakes are so nice to ride with :)

I had DD on my stock for a while and while the rear brake (185 BB7) was nice and quiet with reasonable bite the hold was appalling :(

Back to maggie on the back and putting up with the occasional honking :D

disk would be nice..... but think when you hoppin up a high wall and hold the tyre a little over the edge and i still get a maggie slip (not with heat sinks though) and in all honesty the physics behind how brakes means if a maggie slips the a disk almost definatly would.

i have ridden a DOB mod with rear hyd disk and it was sh1t hot, cant fault it but on a 26 i have my doubts untill more powerfull units are on the market and like a few have mentioned their prone 2 bendin by being available 2 hit, if your rear tyre slips off a wall or rail that rotor is next to feel a slam.

stick with hs33, there are plenty of pads to choosre out on the market with disks being more limited and pad choice does make a vast diffrence. (Y)

Care to provide some reasoning? IMO silent brakes are pretty much a necessity for riding. I find noisy brakes annoying, which means I'm not so relaxed and ride worse.

As for sharper, I can't comment on that because I've never tried an HS33.

Shut up you bellend.

Thats bollocks too.

A decent grind with a decent pair of pads e.g ; heatsink coust, reds, yellows, plazzies ect, Will Always have a sharper bite than a disc.

Shut up you bellend.

Thats bollocks too.

A decent grind with a decent pair of pads e.g ; heatsink coust, reds, yellows, plazzies ect, Will Always have a sharper bite than a disc.

no, YOU shut up you little faggot, you have been riding what, a year? silent brakes can easily make you smoother, my vee makes me smooth, if i put a noisy maggie back on, my style would have to change to get things smoother. rear discs can be very,very good, ride tarty adams bikes... but they generally arent because little monkeys like yourself just hit things with spanners expecting them to work.

no, YOU shut up you little faggot, you have been riding what, a year? silent brakes can easily make you smoother, my vee makes me smooth, if i put a noisy maggie back on, my style would have to change to get things smoother. rear discs can be very,very good, ride tarty adams bikes... but they generally arent because little monkeys like yourself just hit things with spanners expecting them to work.

:lol:

anyway, ive rode a dual disc bike and it made f**k all diff. i think the idea of having a silent brake makes you smoother. and i dont hit my parts with a spanner expecting it to work.

Edited by Z o o !!

I find HS33 better than discs because they have much more hold on them. Its not exactly that hard to set a magura up anyway. Ever since I've got rid of my front disc I found using a HS33 on the front has made my confidence better.

I've ridden with dual disc before, they are good to a certain extent, but they just don't hold as well.

Shut up you bellend.

Thats bollocks too.

I have nothing against you disagreeing with me, but next time remember that insulting someone then providing no reasoning to support your point of view, despite being specifically asked to, doesn't give much credibility to your argument.

Can we try again- What experience with silent and noisy brakes do you have (How long did you ride the DD for?), and why do you think that noise/no noise makes no difference?