Which Bb?

CC12345678910

I'm after after a new BB after I snapped the old one

Option 1 http://trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=67

Option 2 http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?produc...p;category_id=2

I'm after strong but around 300g if possible.

BTW I snapped this one http://trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=310

I've just had a chat with Dave@Trialtech and the Trialtech BB's now all come with a steel stopper ring between the axle and the crank arm which means it won't deform and crush like so many other brands which use soft aluminium ones.

So yeah, Trialtech all the way for more reasons than just because!!

I've just had a chat with Dave@Trialtech and the Trialtech BB's now all come with a steel stopper ring between the axle and the crank arm which means it won't deform and crush like so many other brands which use soft aluminium ones.

So yeah, Trialtech all the way for more reasons than just because!!

So I should go for the KO then...

Trialtech it is!!

Topic can be closed.

That may be the case on the face of things but Trialtech have improved on the other available BB's by providing both steel rings instead of the gash aluminium ones and also the option of a thicker (stronger) axle at no extra cost. Win, win.

For those that have had the ring be an issue, cool.

There are only X number of options of spindles from the manufacturer. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume we all checked the box that was for selecting the hardest/best spindle material.

Now we are down to size (easy on the jokes....ha, ha, ha). If you are going to run a BB that is under 300g and you are a basher/street rider.... I might suggest a larger size spindle. For those actually riding trials with any degree of deftness, the success of the BBs from First (which pretty much covers Meta, MOE, Trialtech and certain ones from Echo) has been very good.

Edited by Tim/Trialsin USA

For those that have had the ring be an issue, cool.

Yup :).

moebb1sl1.jpg

Can I quickly ask why, in the above picture, does the stopper ring (or crank-stop) not extend into the flute of the spline at all? I thought the ISIS standard accommodated for this by ensuring that the ring goes about half way along the radiused end section of the flute. From the looks of the Moe BB it will royally rape your cranks the first time you put them on making them as saggy as a saggy thing.

An alternative to this design is the use of a separate pressed-on crank-stop. If the pressed-on shoulder configuration is used for the male crank-stop then the 3.000mm sweep-out dimension refers to the pressed-on crank stop rather than the stop shoulder integrally formed with the spindle. This allows the flute terminating sweep-out to extend along a greater distance, thus decreasing the stress concentration present at the flute termination and possibly improving workability. Figure 1 illustrates an example of this alternative configuration.

isisrb0.jpg

Figure 1

Yup :).

moebb1sl1.jpg

Can I quickly ask why, in the above picture, does the stopper ring (or crank-stop) not extend into the flute of the spline at all? I thought the ISIS standard accommodated for this by ensuring that the ring goes about half way along the radiused end section of the flute. From the looks of the Moe BB it will royally rape your cranks the first time you put them on making them as saggy as a saggy thing.

isisrb0.jpg

Figure 1

Hats off, your a good hatchet guy.

Might I suggest that we recall FSA, MONTY and and few other brands for this alleged mass ruining of cranks because the ring does not extend over rounded end of spline. Oh yeah....forgot.... its because it is a non issue.

My FSAs had that stopper that stopped the cranks from just mashing onto the end of the splines, I'm pretty sure?

Yes, of course they did. Some of the models have the ring begin at the end of the spline and some before the end of the spline. I agree, too far back and it would be useless. However, since the leading edge cranks (specially soft ones made from 6061) that goes toward ring/stopper..... the thin corners quickly mold themselves to the end of the spline upon first installation.

Fascinating discussion we are having on an issue that is....well, as stated above....a non issue. Theoretical failures of others are an interesting way to market.

Dave was raising an issue he's had in the past.

That is different to a rival company insinuating that a product is dangerous to use. Cranks that allegedly get mangled aren't quite the same as suggesting that a part could injure you if you run it.