How Come I Have To Bleed My Maggie Every Other Ride?

J Trials 31

have you tried buying a new brake?

i've been riding trials for 4 years now (maybe more if non-trials specific bike) and im on my 2nd lever, never had to bleed when on a ride unless i did something silly like ripped my cross over or something..

and my first one didn't even break...

steve

What fluid are you using to bleed it?

Airs getting in somewhere, so oil/water/whatever is coming out.

Get a mate to hold the lever down hard, whilst you check for any leaks along the lines. Make sure you check inside the lever and the pistons near the pads.

Well I got an 05' maggie and it does the pretty much the same thing. So I probably need two new levers? I'm not so sure it's the lever on the newer one though. It never seems like that, but I have noticed it getting wet around the bottom part around the pads before.

the only way i can think for checking leaks is to get all the fluid out of the brake, take the break off the bike and stringe loads of air in and dunk the brake under water and watch out for bubbles when operating it. Most likely to be seals or the olives at the end of pipes

the only way i can think for checking leaks is to get all the fluid out of the brake, take the break off the bike and stringe loads of air in and dunk the brake under water and watch out for bubbles when operating it. Most likely to be seals or the olives at the end of pipes

Thanks good idea. I'll try that when I can. Hopefully I can piece together one brake and not have to buy a new one. Will be going dual disc in a short time, so if I don't fix the brake without buying stuff, you can say goodbye to riding until I do go duel disc.

PS: Weebryan, give me your XTP, really super sick bike. Always wanted one of those. Especially a short.

My solutions begins with D.

Dual Disc!!

Make the jump man :)

ive got a dob now the xtp frame is hanging up for spares never now about magnesium >_<

Already planning on going duel disc. Just got to get everything together.

Yeah, would love to have either of those. A duel disc DOB would be neat too. XTP though is just one my all time favorites.

just edited my avatar with my dob pics

Looks good, but I still like the XTP better. If the DOB were a duel disc, it would be so much nicer.

Used your trick and found that the HS11 lever and one of the pistons on the other brake were junk. Pieced together a brake and we'll see if that will hold.

Never, ever, ever, ever had to bleed my 04 hs33, you need to upgrade to 04 :D(Y)

I still dont get why some people need to bleed, as i never have and its going is well as it ever has (almost 5years touch wood)

rule one, dont fiddle, and yul be fine! (Y)