Wet Tyres

Mtchell

Why isn't there no tyres made for the for trials

My mate did make a point theres no market for it but i reckon theres 1000's of us wanting to ride in the wet but know it's quite dangerous

BUT....if we had the correct tyres we could so why not ????

Maxxis make wet tyres for MTB's so why not US

Why isn't there no tyres made for the for trials

My mate did make a point theres no market for it but i reckon theres 1000's of us wanting to ride in the wet but know it's quite dangerous

BUT....if we had the correct tyres we could so why not ????

Maxxis make wet tyres for MTB's so why not US

Dont know?

Don,t your tyres slip though , i have smashed my chest few times because my tyres have slipped

I run no grind,tarred with echo pads (got them when i didn,t know a thing about trials lol)

Because trials is teeny-tiny sport, and the tyre companies would make hardly any money from it.

Wet and dry tyres aren't hugely different, especially if you're running downhill tyres such as minions, they're fine in the wet!!

So your saying minons wouldn,t slip ?

Don,t your tyres slip though , i have smashed my chest few times because my tyres have slipped

I run no grind,tarred with echo pads (got them when i didn,t know a thing about trials lol)

Depends if your daft enuf? :lol: try and avoid the slippy bits?

Not much, i've never had a problem.

Low pressure, big knobbles, just wraps itself round everything!.

I'm pretty sure that a proper "wet" tyre wouldn't perform much better, there's only so much that can be done to it.

No grind, and tar, in the wet - that's just insanity :P

:D i love the danger element lol, nahhh (i am running a new set of boots though maxxis creepys)

i think ill go and get a grind then see if its improves

and ill try avoid the slippy bits lol

Not much, i've never had a problem.

Low pressure, big knobbles, just wraps itself round everything!.

I'm pretty sure that a proper "wet" tyre wouldn't perform much better, there's only so much that can be done to it.

:lol: my brakes work mint in the wet for some reson they work better in the wet then when it's dry :lol::angry:

Dude, softer tyre compounds are available. The Try-All sticky and Slow Reezy Maxxis tyres work well. Also running a slightly softer tyre allows more contact area. Even with a high performance brake and tyre setup you have to ride differently still. You need to roll more, pedal kick lighter and use the angles of objects for gripping, wedging and rebounding off.

You seem to be missing what trials is, and what the tyres are really designed for. Trials as most people think of it comes from competitions. And you know, when it's wet in a comp, they don't cancel it. Trials tyres, and tyres that people use for trials (Maxxis Slow Reezays etc) are designed to be used in all conditions, not just the dry.

So man up and just ride! Riding in the wet will make you a better, smoother rider anyway as you have to think more about where you're going to get grip and how to stop things going wrong.

My Creepy Crawlers still grip in the wet, it's just my back brake that doesn't! I have Koxx browns on a grind, and it dies in the wet? Never had a working brake in the wet either...oh well.

Decent tyres with enough tread will grip in the wet just fine, depending on the surface you're riding on.

My Creepy Crawlers still grip in the wet, it's just my back brake that doesn't! I have Koxx browns on a grind, and it dies in the wet? Never had a working brake in the wet either...oh well.

Decent tyres with enough tread will grip in the wet just fine, depending on the surface you're riding on.

Nore have I with koxx browns and a harsh grind.

I think people have different ideas of what a working break is.

You seem to be missing what trials is, and what the tyres are really designed for. Trials as most people think of it comes from competitions. And you know, when it's wet in a comp, they don't cancel it. Trials tyres, and tyres that people use for trials (Maxxis Slow Reezays etc) are designed to be used in all conditions, not just the dry.

So man up and just ride! Riding in the wet will make you a better, smoother rider anyway as you have to think more about where you're going to get grip and how to stop things going wrong.

True ....but like said before though, pedal kicking the tyres DO have trouble gripping thats how i hit my chest and i,ve torn my wrist ligaments (<sorry about spelling)

So i am manned up but the equipment is lettin me down if you get me , ^_^

I get you,

Don't want to slip and break a nail :P

Lol thats rich coming from you mate your so fragile mummys says take your lights and a helmet and 1 for your dark friend lmao

you out tomoz guy?

;)

Edited by New2it

Lol thats rich coming from you mate your so fragile mummys says take your lights and a helmet and 1 for your dark friend lmao

you out tomoz guy?

;)

Dark friend lmao

Nah She thinks cos you've got a gold chain you'll nick your own haha,

You look great in that helmet though, Brings out the colour of you'r eyes...

Haha yeah I'll come out, Lemme speak at Cocky first, See What He's doing about this frame.

thats a very good point, would be nice 2 have a choice of tyre like that but as stated before its nothing a a nice grind and good pads cant sort out, or discs?? its not a problem rele, you ride to the conditions. if its soaked then you wouldnt go for gap to rail for example?? even if you did have tyres for wet?

Dude, softer tyre compounds are available. The Try-All sticky and Slow Reezy Maxxis tyres work well. Also running a slightly softer tyre allows more contact area. Even with a high performance brake and tyre setup you have to ride differently still. You need to roll more, pedal kick lighter and use the angles of objects for gripping, wedging and rebounding off.

Ride to the levels of grip, its more about technique. I've seen people do things in the wet I wouldn't do in the dry.