Another One For The Weight Weenies...

JonMack

UkBikeco have had theirs down to 2.7, and its steel!!!!

However, their frames are pure shit, catalogue bollocks. Their "Revolution" frame cracked for all their team riders repeatedly, so they just added more weld and hoped for the best. They might've got it down to 2.7lbs, but if their 3.5lb ones crack, then what's the point? They're such a f**king useless company... It just annoys me that there are 'core' BMX companies who are rider-owned who are doing it for the right reasons that are going out of business, then you get shit companies like UKBikeCo who are of no benefit to anyone, who are just seeking to ream the fashion-conscious, weight-weenie kids. Grr.

as its a prototype, ison will have NO clue when its out,

last proto type i asked about the answer was (genuine answer) - inbetween 1 and a million weeks.

Judging from my past experiences with Ison, they wouldn't have a clue whether it was production or prototype, or even if it was a real product. You could probably make up a totally random part and say KHE would make it, and they'd still say "Yeah, should be in the country in about 2 weeks or so. Call back then."

However, their frames are pure shit, catalogue bollocks. Their "Revolution" frame cracked for all their team riders repeatedly, so they just added more weld and hoped for the best. They might've got it down to 2.7lbs, but if their 3.5lb ones crack, then what's the point? They're such a f**king useless company... It just annoys me that there are 'core' BMX companies who are rider-owned who are doing it for the right reasons that are going out of business, then you get shit companies like UKBikeCo who are of no benefit to anyone, who are just seeking to ream the fashion-conscious, weight-weenie kids. Grr.

Judging from my past experiences with Ison, they wouldn't have a clue whether it was production or prototype, or even if it was a real product. You could probably make up a totally random part and say KHE would make it, and they'd still say "Yeah, should be in the country in about 2 weeks or so. Call back then."

Multiple Quote/Rant.............Begin

Im sorry mark, the first one, its bull shit.

i know they have had problems but every company does.

Team rides are payed to break the bikes, its the only way to evolve.

We have sold a Good number of the frames and at the minute, it may be a fahsion accessorie, the ones we sold to good riders have had no problems at all.

Dibs who runs UK has put all his engineering career and the last 2 years of his life into the company and its products.

Its been developed from the ground up and is a good example of a rider run/owned company.

After speaking with him for just a short period of time, you realise he has a passion for it.

Their 2.7 isnt into production, they do a 3.4 and a 3.7.

second one, Amen

love as always

x

Multiple Quote/Rant.............Begin

Im sorry mark, the first one, its bull shit.

i know they have had problems but every company does.

Team rides are payed to break the bikes, its the only way to evolve.

We have sold a Good number of the frames and at the minute, it may be a fahsion accessorie, the ones we sold to good riders have had no problems at all.

Dibs who runs UK has put all his engineering career and the last 2 years of his life into the company and its products.

Its been developed from the ground up and is a good example of a rider run/owned company.

After speaking with him for just a short period of time, you realise he has a passion for it.

Their 2.7 isnt into production, they do a 3.4 and a 3.7.

second one, Amen

love as always

x

Premium Low-Pez - identical frame, same catalogue, same "multi million pound heat treatment", etc. There's not really anything "Revolution"ary about it at all. My main issue with it is that their team riders were cracking the frames in a period of time between 2 weeks and 3 months. One of the guys at Pijin rides for them, and he cracked his second frame (2 weeks old, other one was about a month old) about 2-3 weeks before UKBikeCo announced they were going into production. They "Improved" the seat-clamp, where they broke, by adding more welding to it, but the main issue is that they didn't even give them to their team riders for any suitable length of time to test. Using customers as test riders seems pretty shitty. Obviously companies need to react to how the market deals with their frames, but at the same time, not testing their frames fully before selling them is a shitty way of going about business. If my team riders were rinsing my frames, I'd be making damn sure the production ones were fine, especially if I was going to announce them as having a lifetime warranty.

I'm sure that the 'Dibs' guy is sound, but I really don't like his company, or how he's acting with them.

Has anyone ever snapped a flatland frame doing flatland before?

My friend's cracked forks, frames, bars, cranks, etc...

carbon fiber road bike frames weigh around 1000 grams. So yeah... im sure I could brake that frame with 1 hand. Im guessing that frame wouldn't even hold for flatlander unless you are perfectly smooth and never screw anything up. I imagine flatland needs a stronger frame than road bikes but maybe not. Probably most the stress is in the fork and wheels.

carbon fiber road bike frames weigh around 1000 grams. So yeah... im sure I could brake that frame with 1 hand. Im guessing that frame wouldn't even hold for flatlander unless you are perfectly smooth and never screw anything up. I imagine flatland needs a stronger frame than road bikes but maybe not. Probably most the stress is in the fork and wheels.

Bit less than that:

Are you addicted to racing, if so the 2009 Scott Addict is the bike for you. The lightest road bike out there at 790g for the frame and under 6kg / 13lbs for the top bike.

http://www.kudubikes.co.uk/shop/102/149/

Frame: SPIN Custom by Marc Siebert (677.5g)

http://www.velonews.com/article/73034/the-7pound-road-bike

Pretty sure that's why it's a proto though, to see how it holds up. The Paris III currently weighs in at 1528g, so this is a decent saving over that, however that does have a few gussets on,

paris3_blk.jpg