Another One For The Weight Weenies...

JonMack

khebikes_flat_ti.jpg

New KHE flatland prototype frame ;)

shit me...thats 160g heavier than an echo rear rim...holy shit id have thought that was impossible

edit: lop that seat tube off...make into typhoon shape, drill the dropouts = hideously light....sub 900g? :S

Edited by Alex Dark

Titanium frame usually weigh around 3.5lbs, how the hell have KHE managed to shift so much weight of this baby? can't see any obvious butted tubing. Ps, you can see the mirrored reflection of the downtube but not the chainstays why is that, photoshop?

Edited by Rusevelt

Haha, as soon as I saw the topic name and your username against it Jon, I KNEW it'd be this frame :P. It's light, but the shape is a bit poop. Could lower the seattube length a bit, and slightly cut down the seattube stump, heck, drill and file some big slots out in the headtube, and have a Spanish BB on there instead of Mid (if it is mid?). That'd be cuuurrrayyzeh...

Ps, you can see the mirrored reflection of the downtube but not the chainstays why is that, photoshop?

Because of the angle of the chainstays... Just think about it.

The reflection will be the opposite of the frame, so it'd be like this:

/

\

Get it?

Titanium frame usually weigh around 3.5lbs, how the hell have KHE managed to shift so much weight of this baby? can't see any obvious butted tubing. Ps, you can see the mirrored reflection of the downtube but not the chainstays why is that, photoshop?

Because the frame itself is tiny? It's got 12.9" CS which are ridiculously short, a tiny toptube, low standover, and there's f**k all else to it? They're using a lightweight material, then reducing the amount of material actually needed to construct the frame anyway. Less tubing = less weight?

Haha, as soon as I saw the topic name and your username against it Jon, I KNEW it'd be this frame :P . It's light, but the shape is a bit poop. Could lower the seattube length a bit, and slightly cut down the seattube stump, heck, drill and file some big slots out in the headtube, and have a Spanish BB on there instead of Mid (if it is mid?). That'd be cuuurrrayyzeh...

Bearing in mind the height most flatlanders run their seats, the potential thickness of that seat-tube, and the forces that'd be put through it, having a lower seat-tube stump would probably be a bad idea.

So am I the only one who can clearly see two dropouts?

Because the frame itself is tiny? It's got 12.9" CS which are ridiculously short, a tiny toptube, low standover, and there's f**k all else to it? They're using a lightweight material, then reducing the amount of material actually needed to construct the frame anyway. Less tubing = less weight?

Bearing in mind the height most flatlanders run their seats, the potential thickness of that seat-tube, and the forces that'd be put through it, having a lower seat-tube stump would probably be a bad idea.

yes i cant see it for shit lol, but im not saying it has one drop out lol.

How can u clearly see that theres two dropouts, when there so clearly ISN'T :S.