Road Cycling

davey1991

Hi,

Im after a second road bike to use purely for work commuting.

Its only 4 miles each way , and i just want a road bike that i dont have to worry about getting wet dirty etc

It has to be £700 or less due to my works "cyle to work" scheme top limit being £700 and also I realy dont want to spend much more anyway.

This seems to be the best otion so far

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Battaglin_Start_2010/5360048607/

Thoughts welcome

Ive done a lot of research but just wondered if anyone out there new of anything better for the money?

Audax bikes considered.

Chris

Hi,

Im after a second road bike to use purely for work commuting.

Its only 4 miles each way , and i just want a road bike that i dont have to worry about getting wet dirty etc

It has to be £700 or less due to my works "cyle to work" scheme top limit being £700 and also I realy dont want to spend much more anyway.

This seems to be the best otion so far

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Battaglin_Start_2010/5360048607/

Thoughts welcome

Ive done a lot of research but just wondered if anyone out there new of anything better for the money?

Audax bikes considered.

Chris

If its only 4 mile each way just buy a fixie or a single speed like a charge or something of that ilk and spend the cash on a nice helmet and other riding gear for your good bike, its what Ive done.

If its only 4 mile each way just buy a fixie or a single speed like a charge or something of that ilk and spend the cash on a nice helmet and other riding gear for your good bike, its what Ive done.

Thats a good point!. I like the idea of having a relatively simple bike just for work.

Youv'e got me thinking :)

AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE

Worst bikes ever. Everything goes wrong with them. They're poorer quality than the cheapest halfords bikes.

AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE AVOID CREATE

Worst bikes ever. Everything goes wrong with them. They're poorer quality than the cheapest halfords bikes.

my bad. give the boy some advice then, mine is obviously shite. id still stick with the single speed idea if you want hassle free.

Pants in not-talking-shite shocker.

I went for a proper ride this eve after work. This road cycling stuff is bloody fantastic, little effort required to keep up about 16-17mph average (and I'm quite unfit at the moment). I also had a bit of a race with a couple kids on mo-peds down hill, there wasn't much in it, they only overtook me at walking pace. I've got a day off work tomorrow so I think I'm going to go for a lonesome ride into the city and maybe pick up some lycra shorts on the way from a lbs.

There's just something about jumping on a bike, and off you go. You get there for free, and not exactly that slowly either. Bloody brilliant, I'm so glad I've got one.

• 3 weeks later...

Well im pretty much a n00b when it comes to roadys ,

Can somebody please guide me on a cheap single ring front sproket and what bb too ??? doesnt need to be fancy just needs to do the job.

Also im wanting to go fixed so i have been looking at halo hubs ? anygood?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...