The London Ride.

middleageman

What was up with the drunk hobo? (if anyone encountered him?) - Was quite a person, 69p cider. ;)

Was this the guy who was outside the Shell Centre first thing? If so, he mumbled he was going to get his motorbike and show us all up. He was so wasted I doubt he even knew what a motorbike was...

Anyway, great day, my first ever group ride, was such an amazing experience. Bit gutted I didnt really ride much or speak to anyone but to those I did speak to were really sound.

Well done to Jack for arranging such an amazing day.

Paul.

I'm sure there are plenty of saturday night, but this picture sums up the whole london experience for me personally quite well.

n510550589_2691161_2688596.jpg

If I was doing one of those baaaaare skids and we were both naked it would have been perfect.

Joe actually organised it, Jack helped spread the word though as a more familiar trials-forum face.

I wish I'd gone, stupid morning chapel at school..

Just to clear that one up. It was actually myself that organised that day. Emails to foreign riders, updates, info, maps, speech, and making the topic grow into a life of its own with every one cumunicating whilst i kept an eye for anything i could do to help.

joe made a facebook group to make sure unicyclist new and his friends.

Joe hodges had done a ride that me and him went on which he had organised a couple of months before. Very lo key but a brilliant ride none the less.

It was great seeing all you guys and what a day.

Edited by JackMeek

had a great day, so again, thanks to Jack and whoever else helped out :)!

Some great riding went down, finally saw all the people ride in real life i watch daily on the internet, so really happy that they showed up!!

As for funny stories:

Some nutter kicking us off at one spot and in the process locking himself out of his hotel/ whatever it was! We were pissing ourselfs, but i felt kinda bad for him cos he was wearing a t-shirt and couldnt get in for like 30 min, even though he was circling the building, making signs and all sorts to get back in lol.

And a police woman coming up to us to kick us of a spot and basically saying that she knows there are far too many trials riders out and about to do anything about it, but it'd be nice of us to leave anyways :D! helpless police, dont get much better than that!

obviously much more, but had to be there for it to be good to be honest! either way, hopefully see you next year .)

yeah, great to see you again bud, was it a complete coincidence, or did you know we were all going to be there before hand?

I knew there was a group ride in London although i thought it was sat. Had no idea it was gonna be like it was. thought 10-15 riders or something. and was a coincidence bumping into you guys as i had no idea where you were meeting and at what time etc. lol

I'm sure there are plenty of saturday night, but this picture sums up the whole london experience for me personally quite well.

n510550589_2691161_2688596.jpg

If I was doing one of those baaaaare skids and we were both naked it would have been perfect.

simps face is just brill gutted i didnt come ended down the pub with a huge hang over felt like crap as well cant wait for the vids as well

For anyone not following the really really long thread in the cycles section - Some mobile phone photos and videos here - there's one 5:30 video with Kenny Belaey and DannyMac swapping bikes, Rowan Johns nailing a brakeless sidehop to manual and loads of other random stuff - enjoy :)...

http://www.skynet.ie/~ceason/photos/20090301_LondonRide/

Edited by psycholist