Post A Picture Of Your Pets.

bigamac

Catfish died :(

Noticed yesterday that on one side deep inside it was going really red. When the lights turned on at about 12 spotted it under the log upside down. brushed water past it with the net and it didn't move. Looks like it must have bashed itself or one of the goldies twatted it making it bleed internally.

• 2 weeks later...

I shouldnt bother taking him to the vets just for that, beardies can live just fine with whole feet missing :D

Make sure you keep any open wounds clean with tamodine and it should heal nicely without any problems; very much doubt he will regrow the claw though. Chances are they vets will tell you the same thing and possibly give you some antibiotics for your 50 quid visit.

Is he getting enough calcium? Crooked limbs is usually a sign of MBD, something you need to keep on top of.

As long as the toe isnt necrotic (going black) and is clean then I wouldnt worry too much :)

• 3 weeks later...

Took her to the vets on Thursday at about 7.30am, they said it was nothing to worry about, pushed it back in and stitched her. Gave her some painkillers and some stuff to strengthen her up cause she'd been off her food before we brought her home.

Bathed her at 8ish friday morning like advised, went to bath her again at 10ish and she was dead :( Guessing it was some kind of complication although looking at her, I [personally think it was internal bleeding.

We got her a nice little 'coffin' and stuff to bury her in but then decided it was a bad idea cause we're moving next month so we're freezing her (:lol:) Until we move home and then bury her.

It's shit, cause I fell really upset about it and it was only a lizard. I don't suppose you can understan what it's like unless you've got lizards/small pets. I was just as upset as i was when my dog died :(

Probably being too sentimental but we thought we'd give her a good send off haha

28344_1427325838269_1086505247_31248747_4390187_n.jpg

R.i.p :(

Edited by Adam-Griffin
  • Like 1

Took her to the vets on Thursday at about 7.30am, they said it was nothing to worry about, pushed it back in and stitched her. Gave her some painkillers and some stuff to strengthen her up cause she'd been off her food before we brought her home.

Bathed her at 8ish friday morning like advised, went to bath her again at 10ish and she was dead :( Guessing it was some kind of complication although looking at her, I [personally think it was internal bleeding.

We got her a nice little 'coffin' and stuff to bury her in but then decided it was a bad idea cause we're moving next month so we're freezing her (:lol:) Until we move home and then bury her.

It's shit, cause I fell really upset about it and it was only a lizard. I don't suppose you can understan what it's like unless you've got lizards/small pets. I was just as upset as i was when my dog died :(

Probably being too sentimental but we thought we'd give her a good send off haha

R.i.p :(

Awww man, i know exactually what you mean you get as attached to them as you would a bigger animal.

Any plans for another or leaving it for a while?

Well the baby cresties have started hatching now, theyre very small and cute! 2 hatched about 10 days ago and one in the lst few hours, due another one in the next day or so and there are currently another 6 eggs waiting in the incubator with another pair expected to be laid by each female every 5-6 weeks - we have 3 females mated and laying so should be about 50-60 hatchlings all together :)

Hatchling No.2 decided to go swimming in a pot of calcium and waxworms the daft sod :D

(thats a morrisons sandwich filler tub, about 50mm square to give some comparison of size.

10052010306.JPG

Edited by forteh

Probably a stupid question, what are you gonna do with them all?

Growing them on till 5-6 months old, sexing them and then selling. Already had 3 reserved (and they havent even hatched yet!!!) 2 of the local reptile shops are going to have 3 or 4 each, the rest will probably be sold on reptile forums uk :)

We will probably keep 2 or 3 as holdbacks, they may go into future breeding projects depending on colours and patterns.

Edited by forteh