Rear Hubs

pompytrials

Plus I've never heard of any problems with the Pro 2 but the Chris Kings always start to go wrong around the 1yr mark.

Both of those statements are so wrong, sir.

If you can afford it (or get one cheap) get a king, i swear by mine, if not a hope will do the same job. Both have benefits and drawbacks, biggest difference is the price and pimp factor.

King, mines about 5 years old now, gets a quick service every 6 months or so and its still going strong :)

Pick one up second hand, its cheaper and it will be bedded in - got mine off ben travis for 160 quid as a complete wheel build.

PRO2 All the way!!!! They are so simple and if you brake 1 hope should easly repair it for you for free!!! If you get a chris king you will gave to pay loads to repair it and they not really that good. Most of the chris king I have seen have been skipping every 20 minutes. If I were you I would just go for the simple hope, save cash and trouble. But thats only me.

Peter (Y)

Edited by Polish Petee

PRO2 All the way!!!! They are so simple and if you brake 1 hope should easly repair it for you for free!!! If you get a chris king you will gave to pay loads to repair it and they not really that good. Most of the chris king I have seen have been skipping every 20 minutes. If I were you I would just go for the simple hope, save cash and trouble. But thats only me.

Peter (Y)

I thought you regret getting your Pro 2?

Hope for life, I've had mine for 8 months and I've had one problem, I snapped a spring the other night.

I bought one from Tarty today for £1.96, that's all it's cost me in 8 months and it never skipped before the spring snapped, well worth it if you ask me!

• 2 weeks later...

i cant thank the topic starter enough, same decision i was having :D :D :D :D looks like pro 2 seem better on the cost factor and i like my loud hubs :) although the king does sound sexual, i was listening to Adams (Bionic balls) the other day it sounds so nice compared ot evey one else's , lliterally lifintg the wheel spining it it was so f**king nice lol

iv had neither but seen and ridden on both, i think the pro 2 sounds beast! the king sounds better but is silenced by the immense noise you get form a pro 2, iv heard they both have thier problems and will break, but thats just fancy parts for you. lol. I would reccomend the pro 2 but the king has credability you get form no oher hub! :)

bingle

Edited by Bingle-anator

iv had neither but seen and ridden on both, i think the pro 2 sounds beast! the king sounds better but is silenced by the immense noise you get form a pro 2, iv heard they both have thier problems and will break, but thats just fancy parts for you. lol. I would reccomend the pro 2 but the king has credability you get form no oher hub! :)

bingle

I would go for the Hope pro 2's because the Chris King hubs cost too much money and too much money to Maintain.