Where To Start?

roscow

Hello all.

I'm new to this forum, but also to trial bike. I have runed MTB alot for many years, and want to try something different. I think trial biking is very nice, but don't know where to start.

If I want to begin, but don't have the mony to invest in a bike that cost more than 1000£, what should I go for then?

And are there something else I have to think about before I go investing in a trial bike to try it out?

And how do I then start easiets?

I think the best thing you can do is try a few peoples bikes first. This will give you an idea of which will suit you best, a mod or a stock. Also it very much depends on how old you are and how tall you are. If you're just starting out you won't need an expensive bike, just something which will allow you to get to grips with the basics.

Hello all.

I'm new to this forum, but also to trial bike. I have runed MTB alot for many years, and want to try something different. I think trial biking is very nice, but don't know where to start.

If I want to begin, but don't have the mony to invest in a bike that cost more than 1000£, what should I go for then?

And are there something else I have to think about before I go investing in a trial bike to try it out?

Hi there i am fairly new to trials also, but have been riding mountain bikes for many years. As for what you said maybe talk to some of your friends that ride trials and ask to ride their bikes to get a feel for them. A rough guide: Mod bikes: are easier to learn on as they are lighter and smaller but are more twitchy to ride. Stock bikes: are longer and heavier but more similar in feel to a MTB so will feel more comfortable. Also wheel base and riding style are to be thought over too! 1075wb or more with a low front end will be better for natural riding, 1040wb or less with a higher front end will be more suited for street/urban riding as for price i built my bike for less than £200 i would suggest lookin on ebay for parts or ask other riders and see if they have anything. Um i think that is about every thing i can think of i hope i have helped or cleared things up bait for you.

Hello all.

Hi there i am fairly new to trials also, but have been riding mountain bikes for many years. As for what you said maybe talk to some of your friends that ride trials and ask to ride their bikes to get a feel for them. A rough guide: Mod bikes: are easier to learn on as they are lighter and smaller but are more twitchy to ride. Stock bikes: are longer and heavier but more similar in feel to a MTB so will feel more comfortable. Also wheel base and riding style are to be thought over too! 1075wb or more with a low front end will be better for natural riding, 1040wb or less with a higher front end will be more suited for street/urban riding as for price i built my bike for less than £200 i would suggest lookin on ebay for parts or ask other riders and see if they have anything. Um i think that is about every thing i can think of i hope i have helped or cleared things up bait for you.

I think the best thing you can do is try a few peoples bikes first. This will give you an idea of which will suit you best, a mod or a stock. Also it very much depends on how old you are and how tall you are. If you're just starting out you won't need an expensive bike, just something which will allow you to get to grips with the basics.

I'm 18 years old and not that tall, 168 cm I think... I live in Denmark, and I don't think we have alot of trial bikers here, actually I don't know anyone, who rides on trial bike.

I don't want to buy an exspensive bike at first, because what if I don't like to run trial bike, but I want something, that isn't just crap... 1000£ was just to say a price, so of couse I don't buy one to that price at first^^...

But my problem is, that I don't know people who run at trial bikes, so I can't try their bikes. And I have never seen a store i Denmark, that sell trial bikes, so I have to buy it from the internet, where I cant try the bike first :( So it has to fit! :)

And just some question:

What is 1040wb?

And do you have some links, or something like that, to bikes, that could be good for a start, if I don't want to build it from scrats out of 100 parts, that I find 100 diffent places?

I have looked around on this forum, and see people talk alot about onza bikes for beginners.

Is ONZA bird a good beginnerbike?: http://www.all-about-the-home.co.uk/onza-b...very-2087-p.asp

actually I think is cooler with 26" tire, so i saw this bike: http://www.all-about-the-home.co.uk/onza-c...ivery-913-p.asp

else I could take the ONZA pro? http://www.all-about-the-home.co.uk/onza-p...very-2088-p.asp

but maybe a 26" bike is to hard to start on?

and do you have other sugestions to beginner bikes?

Edited by roscow

Right sorry i wasnt clearer! 1040wb is this wb= wheelbase the distance between the rear wheel axle and the front wheel axle. 1040 is the length 1040mm between front and rear axle. The shorter the wheel base the easier the bike will be throw around but it will be less stable. The longer the wheelbase the more stable it is but less flickable it will be. As for websites try WWW.TARTYBIKES.CO.UK they have just about every thing you could want! They sell pre build bikes and also you can spec your own bike with a variety of frames, wheels, brakes, cranks and so on. Have a look and the drop them an email about a bike. As for your other question of the 26" being heavier than a 20" yeah they will be but only by half a kg or so not a huge difference. But the choice is yours my friend hope i helped you a bit more this time

You should start at the bottom by getting a ( 20" Mod ) Trials bike and as you progress get into riding a Modstock like a Inspired-4Play or a 26" Stock Bike like a admant or echo or a onza.?

You have that bit wrong mate, a modstock is a 26" bike but with different rear hub spacing.

An inspired is a 24" bike (Y)

You dont really need an expensive bike to start trials. But if you have the cash to flash. Then try www.tartybikes.co.uk and www.trials-uk.com. Try gu echo koxx and monty . they are in your huge price range.

Alternatively dont touch www.trials-uk.com with a large shitty stick :)