09 Manifesto Custom

Swervin

Hey Everyone,

This is what I have finally put together over the winter. I know lots of you will just hate it and say it sucks but I love her :)

Love to hear what you guys think and open to suggestions on improvements or adjustments I can make.

Swervin

post-21791-1241802733_thumb.jpg

post-21791-1241802823_thumb.jpg

post-21791-1241802835_thumb.jpg

post-21791-1241802856_thumb.jpg

post-21791-1241802877_thumb.jpg

post-21791-1241802905_thumb.jpg

post-21791-1241802919_thumb.jpg

Yes first trials bike. I dont care about being the best rider so didnt go with a pure trials bike. I just wanna be able to progress my skills and continue to have fun :) If this bike vs a trials bike means I can only hop half as high I really wont care to be honest.

Ive had some friends able to do some sweet moves on it so I dont think the bike is going to be an issue.its more an issue of me putting the effort into learning the skillz

Yes first trials bike. I dont care about being the best rider so didnt go with a pure trials bike. I just wanna be able to progress my skills and continue to have fun :) If this bike vs a trials bike means I can only hop half as high I really wont care to be honest.

Ive had some friends able to do some sweet moves on it so I dont think the bike is going to be an issue.its more an issue of me putting the effort into learning the skillz

Ride with James B or Trevor and you'll change your mind ;)

• 2 weeks later...

SO other than the stem which I am already aware of any tips/thoughts on tweaking this bike to help me be able to learn and then perfect trials moves???

Id appreciate positive tips. Dont post just to say this bike sucks or whatever cause that's nonsense!! I used to ride competitive XC and would always here people say Trek bikes or Specialized bikes suck and I find the same b.s. comments over here.

Yes a lot of you pure trials guys say this frame sucks but Im sure of you put Danny Macaskill on it he'd have no problems tearing it up.

SORRY for the rant but just tired of the stupid comments I keep reading throughout the site :)

P.S. OBVIOUSLY there are better trials bikes but this bike dont suck!! for trials

Dude its what u feel comfortable on makes a good trials bike! Looks pretty slick bud, looks like some thing jeff lenosky or aaron chase would ride! I cant see nothing wrong with it. Mr leech rides a similar set and he kicks ass on it so sod what some people say! It looks like an absolute street machine good for manuals and 180 and general street abuse i reckon! Maybe more difficult to ride on natural trials though. Nice bike though dude, ride it well have fun!

Dude its what u feel comfortable on makes a good trials bike! Looks pretty slick bud, looks like some thing jeff lenosky or aaron chase would ride! I cant see nothing wrong with it. Mr leech rides a similar set and he kicks ass on it so sod what some people say! It looks like an absolute street machine good for manuals and 180 and general street abuse i reckon! Maybe more difficult to ride on natural trials though. Nice bike though dude, ride it well have fun!

I can't see nothing anything wrong with it.

:P

SO other than the stem which I am already aware of any tips/thoughts on tweaking this bike to help me be able to learn and then perfect trials moves???

Id appreciate positive tips. Dont post just to say this bike sucks or whatever cause that's nonsense!! I used to ride competitive XC and would always here people say Trek bikes or Specialized bikes suck and I find the same b.s. comments over here.

Yes a lot of you pure trials guys say this frame sucks but Im sure of you put Danny Macaskill on it he'd have no problems tearing it up.

SORRY for the rant but just tired of the stupid comments I keep reading throughout the site :)

P.S. OBVIOUSLY there are better trials bikes but this bike dont suck!! for trials

Ditch the suspension, crank, and stem. Maybe the frame too...then you've got a winner!

Edited by Jason222

to be honest mate i would go with a smaller chainring and bashring combo. 22tooth would be best bet. The suspension will be quite a bit heavier than a rigid but as u said its a trials/mtb cross over so keep em on if they work for u man! The stem is personal choice to be honest i prefer a short, high rise stem that works for me but too short for others. So thats down to u! But i would go 22 tooth up front and a close ratio cassette on the back for optimum set up. Smaller seat like a inspired pivotal may be better, loses weight and gives more room to move. And get a magura booster out back as steel is quite flexy and u will lose braking power. It is a good bike though as i said those small tweeks will help alot! Ryan leech rides a similar set up and rocks it man so dont worry about the (pureist) riders who belive long, low and seatless is the only way. Its ur ride..... pimp it ur way!

to be honest mate i would go with a smaller chainring and bashring combo. 22tooth would be best bet. The suspension will be quite a bit heavier than a rigid but as u said its a trials/mtb cross over so keep em on if they work for u man! The stem is personal choice to be honest i prefer a short, high rise stem that works for me but too short for others. So thats down to u! But i would go 22 tooth up front and a close ratio cassette on the back for optimum set up. Smaller seat like a inspired pivotal may be better, loses weight and gives more room to move. And get a magura booster out back as steel is quite flexy and u will lose braking power. It is a good bike though as i said those small tweeks will help alot! Ryan leech rides a similar set up and rocks it man so dont worry about the (pureist) riders who belive long, low and seatless is the only way. Its ur ride..... pimp it ur way!