Caelifera Vee Brake Components

muddyfox

New from Caelifera components...Vee backings and boosters

Boosters weigh in at 72 grams. Made from 6061 T6 and hard anodized. 80mm-100mm spacing

The backings are made from 6061 T6 and also hard anodized. Machined to look like the maggie versions only slimmer and the best part is the concave recess in the back that allows the use of a conical washer without it pushing the brake arms way out.

(Pictured without the included ss bolt)

Post or pm for more details...

post-10895-1243175415_thumb.jpg

post-10895-1243175429_thumb.jpg

post-10895-1243175443_thumb.jpg

post-10895-1243175455_thumb.jpg

note: "Pictured without SS bolt"..

can't really see the use of the recess with modern v-daptor designs (and the fact that a standard set of spacers give ample adjustment)...how much extra clearance would it even accommodate?

its a good idea the recess as one of the things i found with my vee set up is when i bought new pads i had to have my adaptors on the wide setting meaning i couldn't run my booster.

For comparison....Caelifera backing with coust pad and 1 conical washer versus Plaz backing without pad and both of the required washers.

(Y)

not sure about this whole v-brake thing...is it actually any lighter?

What 'whole vee brake thing'?

I know I for one use vees as I much prefer them to Maguras, it's nothing to do with weight ;)

For comparison....Caelifera backing with coust pad and 1 conical washer versus Plaz backing without pad and both of the required washers.

call me stupid...but if you don't have space then you wouldn't put those washers in there would you...?

edit- btw...I want to say I'm not trying to put the pads down in any way..they're thinner which is great if it helps with clearance. On a similar note..aren't cnc v-backings thinner than magura backings anyway..?

Edited by Bionic Balls

I think the post is meaning that the two required washers are there (concave/conves as in picture) but the pad material is not, just worded a little poorly (Y)

"Plaz backing without pad and with both of the required washers"

Yeah, sorry i left out "with" :-

And if you want your pads to hit the rim square then you do need to use the washers..

yeah yeah...what I mean is...if you don't have clearance for them then why would you consider them "required"? I'd put them the other side of the caliper...

they arn't spacers, the washers allow the pads to be set up sqaure to the rim. i supose they are required unless you just let your pads wear 2 an angle