The New Road Bike Thread :)

Sam-Addy A3

I need two new fixed wheel bikes. One hack bike (another conversion) and a pimpin' lo pro. For now, I just need to get the hack sorted so I have a non-car way of getting around. Anyone with a lugged steel frame and 700c fixed bits to sell me cheap?

Just thought I'd post up one of my fav' rides, this ones a really nice ride and takes in some nice roads and undulations with plenty of places to stop and take photos/take a breather.

Here we go -

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=11

I do this ride once a week to my dads house on a Sunday morning, but now a days I'm getting lazy and taking the car....

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=18

I want another Road bike.

I'm very much in love with the Columbus Tifosi with full Record on it we've got at work, but we've also got a Massi Carbon X which is giving me the horn !

You may beable to get that exact wheelset, finding where from may be a problem though...

Give us a price range budy, for something similar, with the way prices are at the mo, i'd look to spend about £120ish./

Edited by Mr Plod

They're pretty similar to the ones on the marin. They'll do the job fine, my only concern would be them actually fitting them on the bike.

Yeah don't worry, I'm going to get the measurements and make sure they'll fit before i look at buying...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Oi oi thought i would check out the old forum and seeing as i am on the roady more these days, how is all the roadies? Just recently got into the SPD side of things with somelook pedals and shimano shoes, actually amzing the difference it makes did a quick sprint to work the other day (5miles) in 10.34 :) compared to about 12-13 without SPDs :)

Tom

Plans for the old steel beast i have - Full centaur carbon 10x drivetrain, tektro carbon calipers, alright set of miche 707 wheels, carbon rouler cranks, syngenic ti axle road pedals (which i got for very cheap, less than 10% of the rrp, brand new)

Then go on from there. Pimped old bikes ***!

Then sell it in a week?

Giant TCR Advanced 2

Specialized Tarmac Comp

Felt F4

Planet X SL Pro Carbon Dura Ace

All similar price (£1.5-2k), which one.

Planet X, it's a Massi frame with Planet X stickers on it.

We've got one in at work at the moment and it's really nice (Y) Just don't snap a hanger....