Pads :S  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What ones to get?

• Phat Pads
    • New TNN Pads
    • Green Coust Pads
    • Koxx Browns/Crocos
    • Rock Pads

Nope haven't voted for anything, I hate people who post in these topics who don't have a clue about whats really the best, its always giong to be a matter of opinion but before I vote on 6 pads I would liked to have tested them all... which I haven't

Hence why 99% of polls on TF are bollocks because people vote for what they have heard or think is best without any first hand exp.

edit: the only one on that list I haven't used is TNN compound, but the best of the rest is phat pads without a shaddow of a doubt.

Top 3 pads ive used, Heatsink Reds, Rimjam V3's and phats.

Very true what you have said there Simps!

But dont the Rimjam V3 pads rip the piston clip off? Because of their crap CNC backings!

Also didnt you use the old Plazmatic CRM pads without the CNC backings?

thats pretty much what i found too. coust pads are a good comprimise :)

What colour Coust pads?

Very true what you have said there Simps!

But dont the Rimjam V3 pads rip the piston clip off? Because of their crap CNC backings!

Also didnt you use the old Plazmatic CRM pads without the CNC backings?

Yep that was the main downsides of the rimjams, BUT, doesn't affect how good the pads were, they were top notch, shame about the backings!

I've used Plaz CRMs before and they were alright... not amazing, I found that the wear rate was poor on them compared to other pads

Nope haven't voted for anything, I hate people who post in these topics who don't have a clue about whats really the best, its always giong to be a matter of opinion but before I vote on 6 pads I would liked to have tested them all... which I haven't

Hence why 99% of polls on TF are bollocks because people vote for what they have heard or think is best without any first hand exp.

edit: the only one on that list I haven't used is TNN compound, but the best of the rest is phat pads without a shaddow of a doubt.

Top 3 pads ive used, Heatsink Reds, Rimjam V3's and phats.

thats vaguely true, but ive used phat, old crms (tnn basically), cousts (plastic and metal), koxx browns but not the rock pads.

phat pads were pretty good, but not really ideal for my style, not especially great hold

old crms were awesome on smooth, and i am running them on the front of my control atm, because i like the bite and fairly good hold

im currently using the coust material at the moment in cnc backings, have used plastics too, the plasics were silent, the cnc were loud, but are now quiet on a dead grind, but bite and hold very very well

koxx browns had f**k all bite, but insane hold

and i have ridden people bikes with the rock pads and found them to be similar to the phat pads.

Yep that was the main downsides of the rimjams, BUT, doesn't affect how good the pads were, they were top notch, shame about the backings!

I've used Plaz CRMs before and they were alright... not amazing, I found that the wear rate was poor on them compared to other pads

Yeah the old CRM pads are the same compound as the new ones if you didnt know :)

but i dont know if the CNC backings makes them better :S

thats vaguely true, but ive used phat, old crms (tnn basically), cousts (plastic and metal), koxx browns but not the rock pads.

phat pads were pretty good, but not really ideal for my style, not especially great hold

old crms were awesome on smooth, and i am running them on the front of my control atm, because i like the bite and fairly good hold

im currently using the coust material at the moment in cnc backings, have used plastics too, the plasics were silent, the cnc were loud, but are now quiet on a dead grind, but bite and hold very very well

koxx browns had f**k all bite, but insane hold

and i have ridden people bikes with the rock pads and found them to be similar to the phat pads.

My Koxx browns have quality bite but not good hold :Plol

Cheers for the other info about the other pads aswell mate

oh yeah what colour cousts was it that you said were a good comprimise by the way?

Edited by jim-p

Get Rock pads. There amazinggggg

Prime example lol.

Anyway from what I have used, I'd say phat pads just didn't supply the hold for me but the bite was really good, rock pad blues are similar but maybe a bit more hold. My current pad is croco yellows in phat pad backings which I am very impressed with, really good bite and good hold and very loud even with a booster.

Oh and I too didn't vote.

My Koxx browns have quality bite but not good hold :Plol

Cheers for the other info about the other pads aswell mate

oh yeah what colour cousts was it that you said were a good comprimise by the way?

koxx browns in metal backings is what ben savage used to run because it made them bite better, but still with the incredible hold

and the cousts are a kinda see through green (Y)

TNN CRM pads from Tartybikes.

+1

One of my mates has got them but they dont seem that good : /

Maybe because he is running them on a smooth rim?

That's probably why! Haha

Mine are on a medium grind and it's absolutely AMAZING! I haven't tried them on smooth but if your running a grind deinately get TNN's!

koxx browns in metal backings is what ben savage used to run because it made them bite better, but still with the incredible hold

and the cousts are a kinda see through green (Y)

Cheers for the info mate :) and yeah they were the coust pads i was looking at :P

Very helpful indeed that guide :D

Thanks very much (Y)

+1

That's probably why! Haha

Mine are on a medium grind and it's absolutely AMAZING! I haven't tried them on smooth but if your running a grind deinately get TNN's!

True!

Right ive now narrowed it down to: TNN, Phat pads or Cousts (Greens).

The Cousts are the most unlikely of the choices as ive never witnessed them being used and they are a bit on the expensive side

But although the TNN pads are also quite expensive the good feedback ive had from them on here evens it out a bit :P

And for the Phat pads... The cheapest :D but ive seen these being used and had a go on a bike with them on and the brake was set up S*it and it still worked the b******s...

So really and truly its been narrowed down to the Phat Pads or the TNN pads :D...

I hate deciding :

I've been using the yellow Try-all Croco pads since last September. I first used them on an echo rim (light grind) with a water bled brake and it was without a doubt the best brake setup I've used. Now I'm running the Croco's on a Try-all rim (light grind) and they are a bit quieter but give more hold. The wear life is very good also.

My vote goes to the Croco's!

Edited by N Roach

Right, im in the sort of same dilema. I have some heatsink backings with green cousts in. They are absolutly knackerd, so is it tims for coust refils, heatsink refills, phat refills, or can you get tnn refills? would work out loads cheaper. Whats the advantages of TNN over cousts or phats?

max

P.s sorry for threadjacking :P

i'll decide :)

TNN (Y)

Cheers man :P

I've been using the yellow Try-all Croco pads since last September. I first used them on an echo rim (light grind) with a water bled brake and it was without a doubt the best brake setup I've used. Now I'm running the Croco's on a Try-all rim (light grind) and they are a bit quieter but give more hold. The wear life is very good also.

My vote goes to the Croco's!

Ohh you make them sound sooo good!

They are definitely going to be considered as they are quite cheap also compared to the others :D

Im skint at the moment :(

Right, im in the sort of same dilema. I have some heatsink backings with green cousts in. They are absolutly knackerd, so is it tims for coust refils, heatsink refills, phat refills, or can you get tnn refills? would work out loads cheaper. Whats the advantages of TNN over cousts or phats?

max

P.s sorry for threadjacking :P

No worries mate :)

Atleast it keeps the thread bumped :D

I would happily run any of those, so just buy one of em.

Will do when i have the money :)

just checking for the best to run before buying any :P

In the end i went for the New TNN pads :P for various reasons...

- They were the most popular in the vote and had the best feedback

- Tarty stock them and they will get delivered rapidly

- The other places i could have brought the other pads both needed me to use paypal and when trying to link my card i fail and it locked it :giggle: