Mobile Phone Directory Enquiries

Mr Motivator

I'm pretty sure that would apply to people with contracts only, unless you asked to have your prepaid number added. Even then, with a landline you can opt for ex-directory so I'd assume it would be that same.

It definitely wouldn't apply to prepay as half the time the provider don't even know your name.

What confuses me is that when I went to get broadband installed in my flat I had to have a landline put in. Shortly afterwards I was getting marketing phone calls and the like, yet we never (at that point) used the landline. We didn't even know the number without digging out the bit of paper with it stated on. It looks to me as if this particular service provider are right f**kers!

It will only be contract numbers, my pay as you go isn't registered to me as far as I know.

Although I bought it online of the Vodafone website, so it might well be.

I don't answer withheld numbers anyway.

When I watched that on telly, the woman said people can search by your name and address, and what happens is you (who's being looked up) get sent a text with the person's (who's searching for you) details on so you can ring them back.

exactly. so its not as bad as everyone is making out at all. they (them who is searching for you) would only get your details if you get in touch with them...

When I watched that on telly, the woman said people can search by your name and address, and what happens is you (who's being looked up) get sent a text with the person's (who's searching for you) details on so you can ring them back.

If you call the number though it's a really high premium rate number too.

It does not mean you are going to get shedloads of calls from sales firms.

More worrying are the hoards of people who stick their number (and sometimes more) on their Wankbook profile and then invite 300+ people they don't even really know to come and look at it. As a nation we're shit at protecting our info but great at getting hysterical when misguided about perceived threats from companies that hold our data.

Besides, in 100 years we'll all be gone and it'll cease to be of significance.