Marino 24"

UrbanLegend

Real nice. But i do have some questions. An Inspired geo on a heavy steel frame, yet your weight saving? And cable length?

I would like a go still.

Weight saving yes, but the components should be plenty strong enough.

Rear cable length is spot on, front cable is temporary.

Saddle is an Eclat Complex, unpadded.

And I'm bloody loving it!

Its bloody lovely Dan although you do need to work on your drop to two technique to be up there with the big boys..........

on a serious note, gold cable for the win, welds looked pretty tidy in the flesh and some pimp parts. Still find it funny that your brakes levers are worth more than the frame......

Edited by craigjames

Its bloody lovely Dan although you do need to work on your drop to two technique to be up there with the big boys..........

on a serious note, gold cable for the win, welds looked pretty tidy in the flesh and some pimp arts. Still find it funny that your brakes levers are worth more than the frame......

LOL yeah I will have to lower the PSI if I have a hope of competing in the world drop to flat comps

What's up with your forks? They crack or something?

Fattys, the crown and the steerer don't like each other and parted company, i put them back together and bolted 'em up for the time being. To quote Mr. Grainger yesterday "You what!? You're insane running those, dude" :P

Pashleys ahoy!

And sorry for hijacking the thread :$

Fattys, the crown and the steerer don't like each other and parted company, i put them back together and bolted 'em up for the time being. To quote Mr. Grainger yesterday "You what!? You're insane running those, dude" :P

Pashleys ahoy!

And sorry for hijacking the thread :$

Aye, Fattys are good forks. It's just that there is not many out there that are that strong. They almost all snap.

I still cant believe that. I bought fattys when they first come out at the end of 1999 for £109.99 from team autovogue, those are still going....I've used countless other pairs, and I'm no light rider! And I have never so much as bent a pair!

Then again I dont use discs. IMO they take half a forks life away

Nice bike by the way! I like

Leon

Looks lovely :) Really clean looking bike. Personally I couldn't deal with the extreme bar height most 24" riders run, but the rest of it looks spot on.

Off topic, when you say heigh drops to flat, how high are we talking?

the giddy heights of 5-6 feet :P

High enough then. I've done 5ft loads of time,s and 6ft once or twice. But by 6ft it starts to get pretty damn brutal, and scary dropping the front well below level before letting go of the brake!

I totally agree very nice I should get mine sometime next week I hope....

first of all really nice bike I agree will all the posts just clean and sweet looking, I should get mine sometime next week I hope, did you just buy a frame from him?

first of all really nice bike I agree will all the posts just clean and sweet looking, I should get mine sometime next week I hope, did you just buy a frame from him?

I totally agree very nice I should get mine sometime next week I hope....

I just bought the frame yes. Had no problems throughout the process. So long as you are clear about what you want, he wont let you down :)

• 2 months later...

No way :o this bike looks absolutly perfect! If i had a hat on id take it off because you sir know how to build a bike!! How much are these marino frames? And how are they holding up for people?

I used to ride 24 for ages, had a ET24 and then a 609 and like a complete fool i sold it to start bmx. Which is great fun but im really craving another 24" street trials bike as i too am living in bristol now and it looks amazing to ride!

Ive seen a lot of guys riding castle park walls, you there much? If it would be okay id love to have a go on this bike as im interested in building up something similar? I literally live near that flatbank hip by bristol bridge!

Hopefully be seeing this little sweetheart around town and look forward to gettin back on the old back wheel ;)

Sharn (Y)

Dude! I remember looking at your 609 every day in IT and drooling - honestly was/ is one of the nicest looking bikes the world has ever seen. Good to have you back!

Are you about this weekend (saturday mainly 'cos i'll be there then)? There's a memorial ride in Bristol for Beau, gonna be a fair few riders there, and a few on 24"s (myself included) more than welcome to come and have a play! Meeting at 10:30 at the steps outside Temple Meads, if not i could give you a shout when we get to Castle Park if that makes things easier for you?

Matt